Millet Scopes

farpiece

Anyone used Millet before? Ive read all the reviews on the different clearinghouses, but nothing very definitive. I'm looking at the LRS-1, 6-25x56. About a 500 scope. I plan on shooting it 600 yds plus and targets and pigs.

I put one on my wife's .243 and it tracks good but the clicks are not real positive. The detent is soft. I like the turret locks that's a nice feature.

i had the 1x4 tactical on an ar10 and wasnt all that impressed. It was ok but nothing to write home about.

I have one on a 338 rum. It has a lot of nice features for the price. The click tension can be adjusted to get a more positive feel. I did not use the rings that were supplied with the scope.

I ordered a LR-1 for my rifle and liked everything about the scope except for how big, physically, it was. For my rifle I walk around and get in and out of trucks a lot and something that big would probably be in the way. I really liked the feel of the detents on the turrets and the MilDot-Bar reticle that is in the scope was nice and clear. The optics looked really good but I have not looked through any high dollar scopes.
For my Long Range rifle that I plan on building I would defiantly consider a Millett first. I will try to upload a picture that I took. The Millett is on top with the sun shade placed in front of it. The overall length of the Millett without the shade is 15 inches. The sunshade adds 4 inches on to that. The smaller scope is a Leopold Vari X II with an overall length of just over 12 inches.

Attachments

• DSCF9735.jpg
    DSCF9735.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF9734.jpg
    DSCF9734.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 97
What about that mil dot reticle? Why are MOA turrets available? I'm not well versed on the mil system and prefer MOA, but it would be crazy not to have MOA in both reticle and turrets.

I know that people frown on having Mil/MOA mixes but I look at it two ways. One the Millet scopes are all second focal plane scopes so it you want to range something or hold off the correct amount then you have to stop and think "Ok am I on the correct power setting", that, by the way, can be either 12X or 24X on the Millet. Two I have the Mil Dot Master calculator that I can easily convert between MOA and Mil. If you think that this will take too much time, I agree with you BUT I have not had many, if any, opportunities to shoot at an animal and miss then have it stand around while I adjust for point of impact. Usually they have kicked in the after burner and are out of sight before I even have time to get ready for the next shot. Even at the range I cannot see my point of impact right away because of recoil.
I just got a Vortex Viper PA with a Mil dot reticle and MOA adjustments. I might be asking for trouble and I am sure that people will think the same, but I am going to try it and see.
On a future note, when I get a rifle ready to shoot in the 1000 yard plus range I am going to get a LR-1 Mil/Mil scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.