• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Military Web Sling Wanted

Teri Anne

Back in my Army days when we were issued the, at the time, new M16A1 (and subsequent) rifles they were equipped with web slings instead of our beloved leather ones. It seems that trying to find one of those slings these days is difficult. I have searched high an low to include CMP and nobody has any for sale. I am in need of one of these slings to train a new competitive shooter how to use the sling that is going to be on her CMP issued M16A2 for both the Smallbore Rifle School and subsequent EIC match at Camp Perry in July. I could also use a rail mounted carry handle with A2 rear sights. If anybody has either/or that might be laying around in excess of your current needs let me know price and availability. The young lady that I am instructing/coaching is really getting into shooting. After about 10 lessons of rifle shooting I lent her one of my .308's and we went deer hunting. She got her first deer, a large doe with one shot at 80 yards, the deer dropped in place and didn't move. Teri Anne