Military discount on rifle scopes?

I recieved word back with a price list from leupold. The savings are substantial but, unfortunatly its all on tactical stuff.

Just an FYI the guy at Vortex who handles discounts is Awesone and Vortex in general too.

What he told me years ago be l it active duty, Leo, vet, retired from any or disabled any of above it was there way to say thank you. They have taken care of me a few times at their cost when I was trying to change things out or swap to another rifle and needed different rings, etc, I also lost a set of the strikefire caps during our move cross country.. They refused to let me pay, which once is great but a few times, yeah money is tight for us now, but time to start charging me or it feels like taking advantage.
I've bugged him for a few years. Actually think before I even got hurt, so bit longer and he's always taken time to answer questions, etc. I can't say enough positive about them. I got a bad (bran new) SF years ago that I was going to use for slug season from Palmetto Armory. No one was answering phones, no way to leave a message and not a single response to several emails that unit I received was bad after a week plus. (Never got a response either). At that point I was under a time crunch and Vortex had one in mail to me next day so I had time to get it sighted in.

I never got a single response from Burris or Leopould any of the times I tired, when I was trying to buy duty optics for myself and or get price lists for dept orders for those that needed stuff. We had to buy a lot of our own stuff or if we didnt want to use what they did provide we had to buy it. First time I pulled out my Leopould rangefinder wife bought me for xmas, they were wow, never thought of that, got borrowed heavily after that. In some ways we were set in stone ages or lack of items. . Think only two of us carried bincos. For duty stuff we had supplied for the special weapons teams in order to replace it had to be as good or better then what was supplied to get it approved. Someone got a kick *** m4, since I left most of what I had upgraded other then optics on or in it.

I'm glad to see Leupould has gotten better about responses. Sad to see they left Promotive since was my only source to get their items discounted since my injury. That disability pay doesn't stretch as far as regular pay, no OT anymore and all the out of pocket medical expenses, I've occurred due to injury. Fingers crossed some day I get reimbursed for some of it.

Makes me greatful for those like Vortex and whoever will discount as my hobby revolves around shooting and finally able to start shooting again if I take it easy on range.

Also it is a good idea to check on the instructor discount programs with almost all companies to include Leupold. They give the discounts for NRA or Hunter Ed instructors.

That certainly makes it worthwhile to get certified in one of the above at least.

I just got a Burris XTR II at 50% of MSRP!

Leupold's program is only on the non tactical now for instructors.

Pretty simple to use the "Contact the Company" link and just ask for the Instructor Discount program coordinator. Often you will find that they will give the same discount to military IF you ask.

Has anyone every tried Sightron for military and law enforcement dicounts?

this is a scope listed on the 2016 discount

looks like a good deal to me

Model # 25008 SIII SS 6-24x50 LR IR MOA
Suggested Retail $1389.00 M.A.P Price $1089.99 Special Price $666.39

looks like a great deal compared to other discount programs

Sportsmans Warehouse has given both active LE and military discounts. I retired locally a year and a half ago, so I don't know if the offer still stands.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.