Mil-dot Master question

I love my mil dot master, Even though accuracy of the logarithmic scale at range isnt super accurate as long as you have measurements and read the scale accurately its close enough A few yards either way isnt enough to miss, As Far as using MOA on the right side of the scale There is MOA on one side and MIL on the other that is equivalent. Example you read your 36" target out to 3.5 MOA its roughly 1.03 MIL on the scale, so you look at the mil dot side and you get a range of 980yds +/- 3yds another example
42" target 8MOA 2.34ish MIL is 500yds +/- 5yds (these readings are off of my mil-dot master the decimal points are educated guesses but when you have .05 graduations its actually quite precise.
The best Way to Get good use out of the MIL dot master and the MIL DOT for that matter, Is to practice measuring things with your scope, get as accurate as possible I use Coins,CD's,and other stuff on paper at random distances and a Laser. You get a good eye for it when you measure then verify with the laser, Just Like using A wind Wizard to check your estimates. Learn the Formulas and the actual measurements 1 MOA is 1.047" @ 100yds A Marine Oval Mil dot is 3.599" @100yds 3.438 MOA the Army round dot is 3.533" @100yds or 3.375 MOA, I have the technology but batteries die, things break, So having a good working ability with the analog solutions is a must, It may seem confusing at first but you dont need a head for math to be very good
, And the Mil dot Master Is a great quick and easy solution, And its hard to break a slide rule :D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.