Mighty Armory F/L Mandrel Dies.

Code4

Does anyone else have Mighty Armory F/L dies ? They work on a mandrel principle where they resize the inside of the neck for consistency and the body like any other F/L die.

I finally had the opportunity to use mine on once fired Lapua .308W cases. My Sinclair case comparator consistently shows less than 2 thou run out at the neck, less than one tho at the shoulder and less than half a thou at the base. I don't have any association with Mighty Armory but am very happy with these results.

If you have a F/L die that produces better results could you let me know as I am in the market for a premium die for my sons .243W. This is for hunting ammunition.

I recently was doing some experiments with my Redding FL Bushing die. This one is for the .308 Win. The neck diameter on a fired case is 0.344. I wanted to get the neck diameter down to 0.336 to give me 2 thou of neck tension. After some false starts I am ending up doing two neck sizing passes. The first with a 0.340 bushing followed by a 0.336 bushing. The neck expander was removed from the decapping rod. The worst neck runout I got was 0.002". The case body, about 0.150" below the shoulder was less than 0.001". This was on 14 pieces of brass. The brass was twice fired Federal Gold Metal Match.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.