Middle TN Gunsmith

700Greenie

Hello,
I am new to this forum and need some assistance. I have a Rem.700 that I have used for a deer rifle for a few years and would like to start some long range shooting. I wanted to get some work done to the rifle, but I don't have any experience with any gunsmiths in the area. I was hoping to get some advice/experinces with gunsmiths in my area. Im located in middle tn but don't mind traveling or shipping the rifle if the quality of the smith is worth it. Any suggestions would help. Thanks for your time and advice.

You might try Howard Pitts of Pitts Precision Rifles in Taft TN. I've never had any work done by Howard but I used to shoot competition with him. According to what I've read he's making a good name for himself in F-Class circles in this area.

Try calling him at: 9three1-9nine3-6one2two

DO NOT GO TO THE FRANKLIN GUN SHOP. Horrible owner and the gunsmith is lost. Was sent there to have minor work on a spotless over/under. Looked like a kid beat on the screws with a hammer. The owner told me it was only a $1200 gun and the damaged screws were not an issue.

Jeff Walle at guns and leather in Ridgetop is probably as good as it gets in Middle Tennessee.

You can give the owner at the franklin gun shop my name, Sam Tucker.

Thanks for the info. I called and spoke with Howard Pitts and from the conversation it seemed like a good way to go. And as far as Franklin Gun Shop I try my best to stay away from there. They have a great selection of firearms but the prices are outrageous. Another question. Someone on another forum gave me the name of Predator Custom in Knoxville, TN for quality precision rifle work. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.