Meister, couple questions...

lovdasnow

I tried to contact you without posting on here, but couldn't find any contact info. so if you would rather send me your email that would be fine..

questions....I thought I saw a post where you mentioned that you had a 300 whisper, and I was thinking about building one, and had some questions.

I've got a couple can's (AAC, m4-2000, and a pilot), and I was wondering how the sound signature of the subsonic 300 whisper compared to subsonic .22?

Also what kind of build did you do? results, and so on...just a bunch of questions, having a hard time finding out very much about the round.

thanks, jon

My friend has a 3oo whisper in a contender, it's really quiet. My 300 whisper is an AR-15 upper by double star industries. It's not as quiet because of the mechanical bolt slap and such, but about as loud as my 9mm suppressed subsonic glock 26. Very little load developement has been done on my part. My best suggestion to you is to call ssk industries and buy all your stuff directly from them. Their dimensions are identical bore to dies to brass. I made the mistake of buying from 3 separate sources. This round is great for varminting and game up to deer size. We tend to don our NV goggles and romp around the woods to take yotes with quiet rifles. If you fire this round in the woods be prepared for ricochets and bouncers, it's very seldom that you only hear the bullet hit one thing when shooting the 220g smk's subsonic. The sub loading is only useable out to maybe 300y because of the fantastic drop. The whisper is quieter than my gemtech m4-96D and my friends m4-2000 by maybe 3 times. I use a Gemtech TPR-S on the whisper. Gemtech's new HVT is noticeably quieter that the older TPR-S. I also have a pilot, so I can tell you it is the quietest of the 5 cans I have. I reccomend anyone wanting to start into the class 3 stuff buy a .22 can first because it is so quiet. My 300 whisper suppressed sounds similar to dropping a telephone book on a laminate floor. Once you get the bug you will be sorry- I shoot all day without ears in. Could have built a custom rifle for the money I have spent in tax stamps this year too. Cans I own: AAC-pilot Gemtech-TPR-S, M496D, SOS-45, Trinity with talon AR15 upper. Other class 3 stuff too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

man you sound like my kind of guy....I thought I would just get a .223 can and use it on my .22's, but no....as soon as I got one approved I wanted another. Now I'm looking into the whisper and .30 can. I think I will go with SSK, and would like to build on a contender frame also, or integral bolt gun by Tros whisper integral

I've also been looking into night vision. can't decide on getting a night scope or goggles. boy these hobbies get expensive.

so is a subsonic suppressed whisper louder than a .22 subsonic, suppressed? sounds like it might be? I really want to hear one before I buy, but not sure thats possible.

thanks for the info

Yes the whisper is louder than the 22 by at least 3 times. I did a great deal of research before I bought my NV goggles. I purchased US night vision d-221 goggles.
What I bought
If it wasn't for my Scuba Diving addiction I would have more related gear. Been collecting old colts here recently as well. I keep tellin my wife she needs to get a promotion so I can pick up a new hobby or two! I will be out of the country soaking up some sun, so I might not reply to you if you need me next week.

thats awesome, I've been looking at gen 3 and 4. How does the gen 2 stuff do, or is there that big a differance? I have just started looking into this stuff, so not an expert at it.

Can you reccomend any websites, or stuff to read as far as night vision research goes, so I don't keep bugging you.

ok, what does your wife do, or was that a joke, ya i wanna head to belieze for a week. I'm big into snorkling, and spearfishing, super fun. was going to get certified, but kept having my friends bale on me before class started, and I wanted to take it with someone I knew.

I think I'll try and someone around here that has a suppressed whisper around here, so I can hear it before I buy, thanks...jon

The gen 2 stuff works wonders, much better then gen1. The money spent on a gen 3 system would be ok if spent on a scope, not goggles. I'm a pretty lucky guy- I hang around a gun shop frequented by military elite forces, several local swat teams, irs enforcement, and uncounted badges. I get to hear about what works and doesn't. I don't get all my info from the web. Just some of it. It's a real advantage in this hobby of mine.
As far as the ball and chain goes, She makes enough to keep us happy and gets free trips like the one I'm going on next week to Nassau. So I can't complain much bout her.

I sure wish I could demo some stuff like that..where do you live?
good info on the goggles vs scope. those goggles looked awesome. can you use your goggles to shoot through your scope or is that not an option?

have fun on your trip! it's snowing here, nassau sounds good!

U can look thru the scope and use it as a spotter, but the recticle is totally lost. I live near indy. I missed a good chance last week- the glock rep had a glock 18 with him. 5 guys 500 rounds, gone in 15 minutes. They dunked it in a barrel of water when it got too hot to fire, shook the water off and blazed away again. They won't allow dealers to have one as a demo, they send the rep out instead.

nice. I've seen a lot of vid's of the G18's. one guy had one in each hand and did a 17rnd dump in each one. sweet!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.