A couple of concerns

Guys there are a couple of things you might think about and a couple of things to contemplate about the problem discussed here.

I visit a LOT of sites on the web as well as forums for software etc. and what I find typical here as well as on the other sites is as follows.

• This site has thousands and thousands of people using it.
  • Those with a problem seem to be able to be counted on one or two hands.
  • Think how many have no problems at all with this site.
  • This "phenomenon" can be found throughout the web on sites and forums where people complain.
  • If it was a fault of this site, or any other where someone complained about the site, then virtually everyone would be experiencing problems and it's just the opposite because everyone uses the same site.
  • It logically appears to me that this then leaves a problem typically on the end of the user either in equipment, software or other potential problems at the users site.
I know those that experiencing a problem don't want to believe it is them, their equipment or their software but I've seen it proven true countless times.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here I'm just trying to explain that logically the site isn't suffering problems and by the same token, everyone experiencing problems of some kind or other, don't necessarily have the same problems.

If you're not computer oriented then use google, talk to friends, read up, investigate but eliminate everything on your end because if there was a problem we'd all be seeing it and it's just not the case.

You can search on this site and find various instances where computers, software, virus problems, etc. etc. have been discussed and answers have been discussed.

I can honestly say, that given what I know, if I experienced a problem here, or on any site, I'd make sure that after I'd made a routine check to see if the site had a problem affecting everyone that I'd go through my setup with a fine tooth comb. I've experienced problems with sites before and each and every time I've found the problem on my end.

Take it for what it's worth but 12,000 no problems vs. a small handful with problems should be some indication of where the potential problem may be.

If you're running Firefox, remember that sometimes certain add-ons/extensions can cause problems however, I am currently running 37 extensions/add-ons with Firefox and am experiencing no problems any where on the web.

Also remember that I'm not absolutely saying this site can't pose a problem for some. That is entirely possible but let's not throw the rope over the limb just yet.;) I've seen the site performance figures Len mentioned and it follows the performance I see here and other places.

I know that Len takes this very seriously and has checked, and will continue to check, everything he can to make sure his site is running as good as it can. If anyone has a specific problem please bring it up, and remember that the more specific you can be about the problem and everything related to it, the easier it is to troubleshoot the problem. Also I'd ask that you mention what browser you use and if possible something about your computer and monitor equipment.

I run a mini mac and Firefox with Quest internet connection and have no probllem,

Also no problems when running Parallels (PC emulator) on the mini.

Also no problems when running the laptop (Toshiba) w/wireless connection to my home/office network.

There was a period time, recently, when I had to wait on some ad dot software to respond but learned to click on refresh to get through that barrier. Those times have long gone.

ss7mm:

You're not ruffling any feathers. I realize I'm not the most knowlegble
computer user and my computer is probably from the stone ages.
But we don't all have the same priorities, backgound, and interests.

In my situation, I was able to read the full text width until about a
month ago. Now I cann't. Nothing has changed on my end. From Len's
comment I take it that some ad banner or something has made
the page wider. If that's only a problem for me and a few other
******* then we're the ones that need to change. Perhaps knowing
what a few are seeing, even if it's our problem is some help.

I know more now than before I voiced my concerns. Thanks for that.

I really am sorry for your problems on the site. If there was some way I could help or fix it I would but distance is big problem;)

It's entirely possible that some setting/component/hardware etc. on your end is affected by the banner ad and that's too bad for those that are affected. Maybe you could play with display setting, etc. etc. and see if anything makes any difference. Maybe a new computer is in order if you use it a lot. Consider it another "shooting/gun" expense and it won't be that hard to take.;)

Let us know if you find anything or if something changes again on your end.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.