• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

McWhorter or Beanland rifle

DHBWA

Nothing over 7.25lbs bare
No 300 mags nor 22 cal, or other pea shooters…
Prefer a 270WBY or 7mm something
No vertical grip stock
PM me….
Thanks
Dave

Tim McWhorter at flat Creek rifles he no longer works for the McWhorter rifle company so I would not go to them or look at Barbourcreek
You're right, Tim no longer works at MCR, and the rifles being produced now are consistently more accurate than they ever have been. This is 3 shots to confirm a load for a 300PRC last week.

Tim still uses a Mitutoyo indicator with a long stem that produces 8X error (it's not calibrated for a stem that long). I probably wouldn't go that route either.

If I remember correctly, Barbour Creek resells a rifle they have built for them.

There are lots of excellent smith's out there, choose wisely. Service and support, fit and finish, custom ammunition, and getting it the way YOU want it.

Attachments

• inbound7597319684877548134.jpg
    inbound7597319684877548134.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 85
Nothing over 7.25lbs bare
No 300 mags nor 22 cal, or other pea shooters…
Prefer a 270WBY or 7mm something
No vertical grip stock
PM me….
Thanks
Dave
How about a 7PRC? With the support of Hornady match grade ammunition, it's a serious contender. There's also the 7/300WM, 7SPRC, and 7LPRC.

You're right, Tim no longer works at MCR, and the rifles being produced now are consistently more accurate than they ever have been. This is 3 shots to confirm a load for a 300PRC last week.

Tim still uses a Mitutoyo indicator with a long stem that produces 8X error (it's not calibrated for a stem that long). I probably wouldn't go that route either.

If I remember correctly, Barbour Creek resells a rifle they have built for them.

There are lots of excellent smith's out there, choose wisely. Service and support, fit and finish, custom ammunition, and getting it the way YOU want it.
No Barbourcreek build their own rifles
No longer affiliated with McWhorter rifle company.
I did edit the post as there was no need for the comment made

All good rifles.

No Barbourcreek build their own rifles
No longer affiliated with McWhorter rifle company.
I did edit the post as there was no need for the comment made

All good rifles.
Terry Petterson is building Barbour Creek rifles, correct? In his shop, on his machines? Or am I missing something?

The Guns for Sale sponsor is Tim McWhorter! Call him at Flat Creek Precision 229-599-0029 we have a few spec rifles ready to ship!

They more consistent than this lol?, Can't be! It can be as good but not better! Since when did you come to our shop to see any indicators? These rifles were built just this week. Pat Patterson builds an amazing rifle also.

Attachments

• A1240499-9245-4677-BE44-EDCEA4F6A5A8.jpeg
    A1240499-9245-4677-BE44-EDCEA4F6A5A8.jpeg
    742.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 9A5B365B-D380-4450-BA6C-B06ED46CDCCA.jpeg
    9A5B365B-D380-4450-BA6C-B06ED46CDCCA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 125

For you to talk negative on Tim sounds like you're still worried about the accuracy and quality he continues to put out in his builds.