• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED McMillan Talon 300wm

lwellingham

Rifle has less than 60 rounds fired.

Barrel is 26", with 1:12 twist, #3 contour, hinged floor plate

All metal is Cerakote Armor Black, stock is 3 color Cerakote

Will come with Talley bases, but NO rings or optic.

Price is $1875 shipped in the lower 48

13yrv9.jpg

14czfrl.jpg

axcv1j.jpg

Ok I'm going to see if I can help you sell this rifle. Nice looking by the way. More info is helpful. How does it shoot? What kind of groups? Any pics of groups. What does it weigh? Any load development? Why are you selling it? Did you buy it new? All questions a buyer is interested in knowing more about. Good luck. Bruce

Thanks for the help Bruce, see additional information below:

How does it shoot? What kind of groups? Any pics of groups:

It shoots incredibly well for a lightweight hunting rifle, I will post a pic from last weekends site in session @ 100 yards.

What does it weigh?

I will weigh it when I get home tonight and post. I'm guessing 7.5 lbs.

Any load development?

No load development, it has only ever shot Nosler Custom 300 Winchester Mag 180 grain AccuBond. I didn't see a need to try and improve with the results below.

Why are you selling it?

I am not planning anymore large game hunts out west in the foreseeable future, and a 300wm is way overkill for the whitetail here in Alabama.

Did you buy it new?

I am the 2nd owner, a buddy in my hunting club bought it new in the mid 90's. He passed away unexpectedly a few years ago, and I bought it from his widow.

24fzce8.jpg

I'm tempted, but don't like the 1 in 12 twist. For 215 Bergers they recommend 1 in 10.... Thats what I think I want to run... Bruce