McMillan Game Scout

06 SB

I am getting ready to order McMillan stock or two. I own several but all are the Remington Mountain Rifle style. I am considering a Game Scout on a Rem 700 in 270W and for a Rem700 223. Any feedback on this pattern for shots from the prone position or off a tripod? Are there better options out there? These are hunting rifles so I want to keep them on the lighter side but are regularly shot at the range too. Any thoughts on a Hunters Egde?

I bedded my tikka superlight into a stocky carbon finer stock and am very happy with it. They're almost half the price of a McMillan amd it shoots great. I do t think they have as long of a lead time.

I have a McMillan game scout I really like it ,I also have several others both McMillan and Manners it depends on the type of hunting you do as long as the weight is not an issue it should serve you well I don't know where you're located but if you were close to Texas we can hook up and go try out a few different stocks.

I've had 3 McMillan game scouts and two game wardens (same as game scout but slightly thicker forend for heavier contour). I prefer them over a5's, a4's, and the manners stock I owned , of which has a longer trigger reach for me.

Great for prone and my favorite stock for hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7166.jpeg
    IMG_7166.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3284.jpeg
    IMG_3284.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I have 2 Game Scouts on Custom rifles and really like them for long range prone shooting, maybe not my favorite for point and shoot hunting but not bad either. Both of mine wear Brux #5 contour barrels which is the max for the Scout. The first Game Scout rifle wears a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 mounted really low to the barrel and I added a Tactical Works stock pack to get a better cheek weld. I went with the Adjustable Game Scout on my second rifle as it wears a NXS 5.5-22x56, If you go with the Game Scout I would consider the adjustable if your budget allows. Hope this helps, Jason

I have had a Game Scout a still have a few Game Wardens. Only issue is the stock line sits really low in relation to the scope (at least for me).

I also have an adjustable Game Warden and really prefer that. It add a little weight, but worth it.

Have a Manners EH1. The buttstock sits a little higher and get a better cheek weld scope alignment with it. I prefer the pistol grip on it as finger placement on the trigger is closer and easier for straght back squeeze. The Game Scout/Warden is a little longer and I have to adjust my grip a little different to reach it.

I prefer the forearm of the GS/GW as they are a little narrower and not as square as the EH1.

Best would be a combo of both.

I found the comb on the EH1 to be too high. If you have to press your face into the stock something isn't fitting too well. I solved the problem by going to higher rings but I would have preferred a lower comb.

I used a beartooth neoprene sleeve to raise my comb, with the regular GW in the photo.
Spacers are neoprene, and come in a pack with multiple thicknesses to suit your fit.

Attachments

• IMG_7269.jpeg
    IMG_7269.jpeg
    371.6 KB · Views: 14