• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

McMillan .280 with Nightforce SHV

Stk

0DDFD3FD-4765-4877-AEF5-1440A6FB7F4C.jpeg
00A84A7D-9378-4650-9D03-F70C78948F4D.jpeg
B4118FEE-9F33-4F13-9EBE-F9C0EBCC1253.jpeg
444C625C-52E3-42F1-A1EB-D27D635F9891.jpeg
5229D723-9960-4BA2-9C20-FA28B818BF4F.jpeg
I'm selling my used G. McMillan & Co in .280. It's a great rifle and very accurate but i don't care for the weight of it. I prefer something either lighter or heavier...it's a midweight and I find myself grabbing my lighter rifles for elk hunting and heavier rifles for antelope. This rifle is built on a custom McMillan action and has what I think is a #3 contour barrel. Unknown round count but it's a hunting rig and has plenty of life left in it. It does have some minor scratches on the barrel and marks on the stock...it's gotteb plenty of use. I never really did much load development with it, but I do have a recipe for 150 gr Barnes TTSX that shot .6 MOA when I took it to the range yesterday to test it out. I usually shoot Hornady Superperformance GMX through it, and it absolutely loves those. It shoots them under a half-MOA and has produced multiple one-hole groups with it. I ran out last season and couldn't find any more locally so I loaded up the Barnes. Mounted on the rifle right now is an excellent Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 I'm willing to include for the right price.

I'm asking $1500 for the rifle or $2200 for the scope and rings included. Awesome turnkey setup on a custom action! I'm always willing to trade too, so let me know what you have.

RIFLE ONLY REDUCED TO $1400. RIFLE AND SCOPE $2100.

Last edited:
Could use a good set of binos, a lightweight rifle in deer/elk caliber or .223, could always use more scopes, etc. Let me know what you have.

280 rem. Probably around 8.5 lbs but I can weight it later tonight.

Just weighed it on my bathroom scale. 8.9 lbs with the nightforce scope, should be 7.5 lbs without it. Lighter than I thought.

I have a custom build by Kevin Neitzel from Accurate sports. Its a 308. I can send you pictures if you like, shot only one time.

Thanks. I looked at some of the older pictures on here. I think I'll pass. I'm sure it's a great rifle but I'm not a fan of that stock.

Sure are...I used this rifle to take a large-bodied mule deer right up there last fall.

Brand is McMillan. They used to spin their own as far as I know. Not sure on twist rate, honestly.

Recent Posts