matrix vs wildcat bullets

Curious to see what kind of info you get!!! I have yet to shoot the 169.5 Wildcat, have a pile on order and waiting patiently, kinda :D

I just got my 169.5's from Paul I think he is starting to make some. I havent shot any yet my brass is all loaded and it's a real pain to get new brass. for my gun. I currently have 169.5's loaded a buddy gave me from Richard Graves before he sold to Paul . My gun is set up for a spacific load using 169.5's. Paul sent a few last year that I tested and they shot just as good as the origanal's from Richard.
Marshall also sent me some 165 matrix I shot about 20 of those @ paper & gongs they were very close In bc I assume as I was hitting 500 yard & 930 yard gongs consistantly with the same elevation dial I use for the 169.5's. and they were grouping a little better @ 100 than the 169.5 but that close the yaw is still a factor.
I haven't killed any thing with the Matrix so I dont know how there expantion on game is? With the 169.5's I shot an antelope @ 300 yards it worked fine did not exit the animal made lots of mush inside 1/4 away shot broke t back ribs and ended up in the off side shoulder pleanty of penitration @ a paticularly close range I was happy. The Wild Cat is a rebatted ULD bullet the Matix looks like a Berger VLD but has a longer sleeker ogive then the 270 Berger 150 gn.
Email Paul & see how he is coming on them? Marshall seems to be pretty Quick on shipments but again no experience on there killing ability I dought I will get a chance to see this year. I did draw a general deer tag but I will probably use the 169.5's I already have loaded. I did save some Matrix to try on Game but since I got the new 169.5's im more interested in seeing how well they work .

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.