Marlin 39a golden value

Discussion in 'Rimfire and Airguns' started by oldfamily, Jul 17, 2008.

1. oldfamily

oldfamily Well-Known Member

Just picked up a Marlin 39a golden that was made in 1960. Rifle is around 95 %, real nice looking rifle. Have been looking for actual value of the rifle since it has a four diget seriel number. Only wear is on the hammer, action is tight and clean no rust. I turned down 600.00 as soon as I pulled it out of the box. thanks Oldfamily.

2. goose316

goose316 Well-Known Member

any info on this would be great as i have just recently aquired the same rifle from my grandfather. my rifle is 95-98% my grandfather never used it and has the box/paperwork. i love the little rifle and would never sell it just curious of approx worth. thanks in advance.

3. Glock2240

Glock2240 Active Member

It depends on what part of the US that you live in, as to what the rifle is worth. I would say the rifles that you have described would be in the $400 range. If you don't intend to get rid of it because of the sinamental value, it doesn't really matter what its value is, does it?

Tim

4. goose316

goose316 Well-Known Member

Approx worth means squat when you dont plan to sell, but the insurance company does like to put a value to all my possessions.