Manners stock action inlet?

Crowe284

I recently bought a stiller predator long action from red hawk rifles. I plan on ordering a manners MCS-T but don't know which inlet to select. I have not received the action yet but in the pictures it looks like the bolt handle has a slight sweep in it, not straight. When you go through the manners stock builder it has an option for Remington 700 and Stiller Predator...which do I choose??

If you are going to use a predator action you would choose an inlet for a predator action. If the handle has been altered, you will need to call Manners and see what your options are on getting the correct handle inlet.

So, if I happen to find an in-stock, stock, inletted for Remington 700, the stiller predator will not fit, correct? If not (which has been stated to be the case), what is the major difference in this clone action that prevents proper fit in a remmy inlet? Don't know, that's why I'm asking and I'm curious.

Dang sure want to get the right inlet with the time it takes to get one.

I've never owned a Stiller action so I can't answer that. I'd be surprised if there aren't some differences. You have to consider port shape and size, bolt release, and probably some other things I don't know about.

Interesting. Curious to know the answer to this this. .I'm going to call and ask manners what the difference is, they will obviously know. Just wanted to see if someone here knew.

Yeah, that's what got me asking this question....if they state it's a direct drop....would think they knew what they were talking about! I'll find out for sure before I order or buy a stock and I'll post up here unless someone who knows chimes in.

The Stiller Predator and Remington 700 have a very similar footprint but not identical. Hole spacing, tang and oal will match up but the ejection port is slightly different. Stiller actions have some what of a < at the back edge of the ejection port and a 1/8" radius at the front edge. Remington action have the 1/8" radius on both front and rear of the ejection port. The Remington ejection port also sits a bit lower.
The Predator actions typically have a swept back handle similar to a Remingtons.

Will a Stiller Predator fit in a Remington 700 inlet....Yes, but the ejection port cut out of the stock will not match that of the action. Here is a Stiller Predator action in a Remington 700 inlet.

Inlet - 1.jpg

Bingo! Looks like the obvious answer is the correct answer! If you have a stiller predator buy a stock inletted for a stiller predator. Thanks, Kevin.

The Stiller Predator and Remington 700 have a very similar footprint but not identical. Hole spacing, tang and oal will match up but the ejection port is slightly different. Stiller actions have some what of a < at the back edge of the ejection port and a 1/8" radius at the front edge. Remington action have the 1/8" radius on both front and rear of the ejection port. The Remington ejection port also sits a bit lower.
The Predator actions typically have a swept back handle similar to a Remingtons.

Will a Stiller Predator fit in a Remington 700 inlet....Yes, but the ejection port cut out of the stock will not match that of the action. Here is a Stiller Predator action in a Remington 700 inlet.

View attachment 74666

FYI...Called Manners. Kevin hit it spot on. A stiller predator can be used in a 700 inlet with minor work for the exact reasons he stated above. Bottom line is the obvious answer is the correct answer. If you have a stiller predator, order stock inlet for stiller predator to mate up and have fit and finish be exact. Thanks to Manners (great people) and to Kevin. Case Closed!

Crowe

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.