Manners BDL Inlet?

Good luck, this is a Manners REM 700 BDL.
first off, my dealer (on this site) offered to refund my money TWICE. That guy went above and beyond.

enter manners...
they got the pictures and their comment was "we don't know what it is", most people justs bed the btm metal. WTH??
When I shot that down they said send it back and your btm metal.
They then said they had 3 BDL bottoms in house and all were different. Maybe so, but I have 3 stocks, all BDL and the same btm metal fits all 3 like a glove. From 10 years old to 6 months.
Ended up having them cut an M5 Oberndorf.

I suggest you give them a call and change the inlet to M5 Oberndorf.

Oh, and they screwed up the oberndorf as well; .030" difference between front and rear btm metal pads and overall too deep. Had to bed the inlet after all.

View attachment 429074

View attachment 429076
View attachment 429077
View attachment 429078
Well I just got my stock from manners this week and my inlet looks the same as yours. It's not even close to fitting. I have 3 different BDL bottom metals and none are remotely close. I was thinking about switching to an M5, but the inlet is so big I don't think that will even work.

As the sign said in the first CNC shop I worked in, "never enough time to do it right, always enough time to do it over."

The M5 Oberndorf that was recut into my stock fits the PROFILE decently well but you're into a $700+ stock for another $275 with an M5 and a wyatt box to fit the M5.
Again, my dealer went WAY above and beyond and I do believe he now only orders M5 Oberndorf btm cuts.

this is the M5 Oberndorf recut, new btm metal, and wyatt box

IMG_0104 (Small).JPG

IMG_0105 (Small).JPG

IMG_0106 (Small).JPG

IMG_0108 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Good luck, this is a Manners REM 700 BDL.
first off, my dealer (on this site) offered to refund my money TWICE. That guy went above and beyond.

enter manners...
they got the pictures and their comment was "we don't know what it is", most people justs bed the btm metal. WTH??
When I shot that down they said send it back and your btm metal.
They then said they had 3 BDL bottoms in house and all were different. Maybe so, but I have 3 stocks, all BDL and the same btm metal fits all 3 like a glove. From 10 years old to 6 months.
Ended up having them cut an M5 Oberndorf.

I suggest you give them a call and change the inlet to M5 Oberndorf.

Oh, and they screwed up the oberndorf as well; .030" difference between front and rear btm metal pads and overall too deep. Had to bed the inlet after all.

View attachment 429074

View attachment 429076
View attachment 429077
View attachment 429078
Well I just got my stock from manners this week and my inlet looks the same as yours. It's not even close to fitting. I have 3 different BDL bottom metals and none are remotely closeI was thinking about switching to an M5, but the inlet is so big I don't think that will even work.
As the sign said in the first CNC shop I worked in, "never enough time to do it right, always enough time to do it over."

The M5 Oberndorf that was recut into my stock fits the PROFILE decently well but you're into a $700+ stock for another $275 with an M5 and a wyatt box to fit the M5.
Again, my dealer went WAY above and beyond and I do believe he now only orders M5 Oberndorf btm cuts.

this is the M5 Oberndorf recut, new btm metal, and wyatt box

View attachment 441720
View attachment 441721
View attachment 441722
View attachment 441723
That looks pretty sharp! Guess I just need to turn lemons in to lemonade! My plan is to have it cut for an M5 and run the Hawkins hunter DBM. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

I had a Manners EH1 that had the same recessed cut for the bdl bottom metal. It probably would have worked fine but I didn't like the looks of it at all. I wrote a program for my cnc mill and opened it up for an M5 inlet and it cleaned up 99% of the recessed cut from the bdl inlet. The part that didn't clean up is covered up with the floor plate,and if I didn't point it out you'd probably not even notice it.

bdl inlet 1.jpgbdl inlet 2.jpgbdl inlet 3.jpg

McMillan is the best at the bdl recessed inlet. Manners has made a few mistakes on stocks I've owned. One eh8 I have has the m5 so deep it won't hold a magazine. I'll have to bed it and put a spacer. You spend 7-1000 plus and you'd think it would not be this hard