Making 6PPC Brass out of 7.62x39

BillLarson

Just did a bunch for br. shooting.....a bit involved...but good brass that fits your gun for 1/4th.the price of custom brass.If interested in process..... email and I will send.....
bill larson

does your brass have the large primer pocket or small. In comp I've only used Lapua small primer pockets brass so I could use a 205 Federal primer in the PPC. Now I only shoot the 30 BR in group or score

Have you shot any of it yet? A small primer is all that is needed for the PPC cartridge, the larger will move the bullet before the powder ignites thus making a less accurate round. That's the reason for the Federal 205 very small flame. What powder are you shooting in it? I had the most luck with 8208 pull down military at 29 +- grains. I traded all my PPC stuff last yr and love it when my 30 BR whips up on them. Really the only reason I like the 30 BR is it stays in tune unlike the ppc. I shoot my BR with 108 gr bullets and 37 gr H4188 long drop tube and very slow drop gives me 3200 fps. I won a 300 yd IBS National match with it a couple of yrs ago with a .2303 agg next guy with a PPC shot a .2650 agg.
What is your rifle setup, action, stock? Mine is a Panda with a old style SYG McMillan stock. This setup has been good to me, though I'm no where near the top guys like Tony Boyer butI have shot well, even took 2nd place at the Super Shoot at 200 yds, Jack Sutton of Hart Rifle Barrels edged me by .0001" at .2481" to my .2482 agg. Even put a 6 Dasher on it and placed well at 600 yds.
All with a small primer pocket.
I have a bunch of used 6 PPC brass I could give you if your shooting a tight neck at .262" but won't be much better than new Lapua 220 Russian.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.