magnifying a terrapin

jmason

Has any one come up with a method of magnifying their terrapins 5x to something higher? By using an AR tripler or a 2x magnifier? I tried a tripler (burris) but it blocked the laser if I mounted it in thr front of the RF, and behind the RF it eliminated FOV.

Try the search on this site,maybe under plrf 10. Shawn C. mounted a 10 on a alum.plate with what looked like a swaro 2x in front. I have a 2x also. He made the coupler out of alum. I will make mine from hard wood,since easier for me. Then the whole assembly is on tripod. I saw a picture of it and a good idea. You will loose field of view, cant have both high power and fov.

Thanks guys! The problem I ran into with having it in front of the RF was that the laser lens and your viewing lens are very close. The magnifier in front blocks the laser some.

I would like it if these optical boosters would screw into the Terrapins lens in the front, it seems there are some threads to screw in something. Does anyone know what the thread count is on the terrapins?
Elmer

That is how the Swaro 2x works,unscrew eye cup and screw on doubler,for bino. If so might make a adapter. I have also seen a adapter that mounts under parent optic and has a round sleeve to hold piece in front of eye piece.

That is how the Swaro 2x works,unscrew eye cup and screw on doubler,for bino. If so might make a adapter. I have also seen a adapter that mounts under parent optic and has a round sleeve to hold piece in front of eye piece.

I haven't seen the swaro on a terrapin. I have on the PLRF10 which is a larger unit. The optics on the PLRF10 are also further apart.

I haven't seen the swaro on a terrapin. I have on the PLRF10 which is a larger unit. The optics on the PLRF10 are also further apart.
That is what I mentioned in post 2,plrf 10,specific Shawn C. I dont know why it would not fit, the doubler is small,and fits a 10x40 or10x32 swaro bino eye piece 1 1/8 '' dia. roughly

sp6x6 is right. I am Just a bone head,

The PLRF Night Vision Interface is what it's called. Ashbury Precision Ordinance part # PLRF NVI. You can purchase it from Heather at Tactical and Survival Specialties Inc. 877-535-TSSi. It runs about $275

UPDATE:

The Ashbury Precision Ordinance part # PLRF NVI does not direct fit a terrapin RF. It will need modified.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.