Magnetospeed V3/ load development.

Can anyone else confirm that you can still use it with a brake? Wondering about others that have actually done it.

I had mine out last week and we ran it on a Vias, 4 port Muscle Brake, DE brake and a Ross Schueler brake. It works perfectly.

As for shooting with the brake on, I did a test on my 6mm BR with the Magneto Speed both on and off. This is a 10 shot group; 5 with the chorony on and 5 with it off at 100 yards. The Wind got the best of me on 2 shots and those are the flyers.

The rest of the guns showed less than 1" of movement with the Magneto on and no noticeable change in group size.

Andrew

My experience with my V3 are similar to Yorke's. Firing a 10-shot string with the magnetospeed attached, my group moved 1/2" to the right and had a little more horizontal spread to them. The group was still under an inch overall though. Then firing without the magnetospeed attached, shooting the same load, the 10 shot string dropped to .65 without the horizontal string.

On the first string, I got one 'no read' that showed the fps were 7999. Easy to delete it as a bad read so the numbers (SD ES) came out where they should have. Waiting for a batch of cases to dry before reloading for a trip to the range to play some more :D

had problem with my bayonet.ivan replaced it asap.call them.they will talk to you,,512-284-8161.make sure it is 1/4 from barrel.what barrel gun you having problems with

on a brake you have to modify top mount to make it work.go to there facebook page.theres a pic of muzzle brake

Found a pix of a radial brake, thanks!

A video (there's probably one out there but too lazy too dig :rolleyes:) would be interesting to see in action. :cool:

Attachments

• magnetospeed-chronograph.jpg
    magnetospeed-chronograph.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 99
As many of you know I have had issues with my Magento. Yesterday I went out with new loads and tested it with some spacers that I made to straighten out the sensing arm. These spacers work! It might be cured! I do have reserve if it is reading correctly. The higher the load on a 300 AAC the slower it reads? This has happened a few times. I will recheck as soon as I can to validate this or to see if Trail Boss powder is the culprit. Other loads this does not happen to. Could it be be subsonic rounds?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.