magneto speed help

llklein

i seem to have lost the alignment rod for my magneto speed,can anyone measure theirs and let me know how thick it is?thanks

To piggy back on this, has anyone found a fix for the strap having to be adjusted after each shot?

Just used it for the first time yesterday and I would tighten it up and look down the bore after each shot...this done in reaction to it becoming loose after each shot.

thanks alot.i havent had any problems with mine coming loose,i tightened the thumb screw pretty tight though

I've used one unit that would come loose and when my unit came I found the strap routing on the first unit was incorrect. I've not had my unit come loose with the straps correctly routed.

I've used one unit that would come loose and when my unit came I found the strap routing on the first unit was incorrect. I've not had my unit come loose with the straps correctly routed.
+1 also are you putting the thin piece of rubber between strap and barrel?

I don't use the rubber pad, on a barrel it seems to make things worse to me but I can see on a large tube like a suppressor that it would be helpful.

I could be wrong, I thought it actually stated somewhere in Dir. to use it. I use it every time , also get thumb screw tight and have never had a problem on 6 diff. rifles.

Your supposed to use it with a suppressor as a heat shield for the strap, I don't think it matters if you use it or not on a barrel, I personally don't because it tends to give the strap to much traction and when I tighten it the bayo rotates a little.

I think mine came with the plastic adjuster so that when behind the gun if hung off to the left side. It will never stay tight if it sits there. Make sure it is off to the right and closer to the metal adjuster with the screw.

Be careful with a heavy tapered barrel as well. Had the bullets just touch the end of the bayonet. Had to winch it pretty tight.

Be careful with a heavy tapered barrel as well. Had the bullets just touch the end of the bayonet. Had to winch it pretty tight.

+1. This makes me nervous so I always check and double-check. I have found that even with more separation than specified (ie mounted lower than the black bar spacer even with bottom of bore) the unit still reads fine. When using the spacers I always err on the side of "too far" vs "too close"...

The way I mount mine is to make sure the barrel is level using a small magnetic level stuck on barrel. After installing the MS I put spacer bar on bayonet and align just below muzzle and the put the level on the bar to make sure it is level. Works for me, and I don't have to worry about shooting the bayonet.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.