M70 stock

coyotelite

wanting to upgrade my stock for my m70 300 weatherby mag. Looking at the b&c medalist. Any opinions on this stock or recommendations on others?

I have had a medalist although not on a m70. It was on my tikka. The price was why I picked it up. Fit was excellent, good finish, easy install, and looked very nice.

Rebarreled the gun to a thicker barrel so it wouldn't fit in the channel. Got a m40 on there same as on my savage. Those are very nice stocks too. Fit perfect and function great.

I have always liked mcmillan and manners stocks but they are over a grand new in Canada. The b&c's I had gotten were $400 here.

They are decent stocks that will hold up pretty well to regular/hard use.

I've had good luck with both B&C and H-S precisions and have them on more than a dozen rifles.

If the budget allows give the McMillan's a look too. They are a definite upgrade over the others and you pay for it but they are worth every dime.

Take a look at Midwest industries.
They usually have some mcmillian stocks for mod 70's for VERY reasonable prices.

I gave been hearing good things about Wildcat Composites out of Sherwood Park, AB. Affordable, quality and domestic. I'm considering one for my .223 in the new year.

I have an older B&C and a HS both on Model 70's.
Both are better than the original, but I'd give the HS my vote between them. The HS is a little heavier.

They are decent stocks that will hold up pretty well to regular/hard use.

I've had good luck with both B&C and H-S precisions and have them on more than a dozen rifles.

If the budget allows give the McMillan's a look too. They are a definite upgrade over the others and you pay for it but they are worth every dime.

Yep them how well old bedding comes out of the Mcmillan's too!!!!!!Ha

Just make sure you have gorilla glue for any imperfections. Hahahahhs

Had to do it!!!! Hope u smile as mich as I am!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.