M-700 cheek rest recommendations please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by notajeep, Apr 19, 2012.

1. notajeep

notajeep Well-Known Member

I'm considering a leather cheek pad from Cabela's, it's local and something like $35 This thing is ugly and requires trimming for most bolt actions to properly function. So to complicate things I am a south paw. I need about 3/8 to 1/2 cheek rise for my M-700 VSF. I've considered making some type of sleeve but it would require the scope to come off and be slid over the gun to the rear. A friend has offered my all types of leather and foam, just no way to sew it and or attach it. I think I could lay out something real nice but I need to figure out how to lace it in a fashion that won't scratch anything. What choices do I have? Anyone have any photos of something they made? THANKS

2. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

3. dig

dig Well-Known Member

Buy a saddle from the store here. You won't go back.

4. DZelenka

DZelenka Well-Known Member

5. notajeep

6. bogger01

bogger01 Well-Known Member

you could always try the eagle stock pack.its adjustable to fit whatever stock you have plus it has a zippered compartment and ammo loops for 5 extra rounds.it's comfortable to shoot with and you can add foam under it to raise the your cheek weld.i've used it on everything from a factory stock to an xlr industries chassis and loved it.

Triad Tactical, Inc. :: Triad Tactical :: Triad Stock Pack

7. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

Take a look at Brownells, Scope eze. The have a sleek adhesive comb rest that is available in various heights and can be had with a thin side that won't change your eye alignment which is a problem with many devises. It's well made, looks good, durable, and won't damage your stock. It under $25,

8. notajeep

I got my new bear tooth in the mail yesterday. I was able to slide it over the stock instead of taking the scope off, thank goodness. Anyway for about $25to my door from sportsman warehouse. I am very pleased with appearance and functionality. I've got a range day planned and cannot wait to get some spring time shooting underway. For no I have just removed the swivel stud from the stock. I believe a properly located hole punch would make a nice clean hole if I decide to put t back. Thanks everyone for your input!

9. DZelenka

DZelenka Well-Known Member

so how do you like it?

With respect to the sling stud. I just put the pad over the stud and ran a sharp knife over it. the resulting hole can be stretched around the base of the stud.

Dan

10. notajeep

I just removed the stud for now. Currently not using a sling. As for the bear tooth I love it. I ran about 60 rounds through it Tuesday. Wind was kicking between 10-15 mph. One other thing about the bear tooth, being very picky here. Having about two days worth of scruff on my cheek I noticed it grabs a little. Very good investment for about $25 shipped. I'm still able to clean my barrel properly, because of foam height chosen.

11. marinetowgunner

marinetowgunner Well-Known Member

the cheek pad from www.triadtactical.com is a good piece of gear, but it looks like you already got setup.....so nevermind