Lyman dps2 vs rcbs 1500

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bwalker, Aug 8, 2005.

1. bwalker

bwalker Well-Known Member

I am about to lay the cash down for one of these digital scale/powder droper machines. Which one is the best?

2. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I don't know which is the best but I have 1200 DPS and love it. It can be a bit slow w/ ball powders though.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Well-Known Member

I have the lyman dps2 and love it. the timing for it to dispense a load for a 22-250 (35.1 gr)or my 30-06 (51.9 gr.) is just about right for seating a bullet and double checking seating depth. I combine a charge thrower and the dps2 to speed up the process for the 300 RUMs I load for (99.5 gr Retumbo and 92 gr h 1000). I throw about 50 gr in the pan and let the dispenser do the rest and timing works out well.

4. daveosok

daveosok Guest

I have the new RCBS Chargemaster and it will dispense really quickly. I cant speak for the Lyman but I'm sure if you pick either one you will be happy.
    I did a review of the Chargemaster under equipment reviews do a search on it.
    Dave

5. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

bwalker:

I've got the RCBS Chargemaster and it's great. Can't imagine being without it after having and using it.

You can go "Here" to see a test on the RCBS, Lyman and Pact units.

6. 7Rumloader

7Rumloader Well-Known Member

I have the DPSII and love it and there are many great reveiws on the RCBS some of which are on this site. Here are a few GoodGroupers reveiw and here is what daveosok had to say Hope this helps a bit.

7. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

I dont know which is best , but I do know that I reallllyy like my RCBS Chargemaster combo. Best I can remember it is faster than other similar rigs,far as I know accuracy is even on all(both ) or theses products. Anyway , were I you I would buy the RCBS , all reviews every place I went backed this.

Jim