Lubalox???

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by shortpants, Apr 3, 2011.

1. shortpants

shortpants Well-Known Member

I'm experimenting with Winchester Extreme E-Tips which are coated with Lubalox. I've heard the negetives of Moly and am wondering if it is the same with Lubalox? According to Winchester there is a difference and they have fixed the negetives found with moly coated bullets. What do you guys think?

2. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

Lubalox is not a molly. It's an oxide which is a whole different animal. I shoot 115 BST's in my 25-06 and they work fine but I really don't think Lubalox is either helpful or harmful. I don't see any difference in fouling or velocity.

-Mark

3. shortpants

I have also seen no difference in fouling but I am getting better than published velocities so they have me very interested.

4. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

Your velocities might be the Lubalox or might be something else.

5. shortpants

Yes and I can't really test this since these are factory loaded. I am going to test the BT's as well which are also coated. Published BC is .523 for both in the 180's and my velocities are around 3050 in the e-tips! Still testing but I don't want to continue with these if I'm going to find out later that the coating is no good. I'm shooting a 300wsm. by the way.