LRP(M) For Elk Hunt Load Development

Brownsfan

Hello,
I have a nephew who just bought a 300 WM in preparation for our Colorado 2nd Rifle Hunt this year. He has Lapua brass and Hammer bullets, but is in need of Large Rifle Magnum Primers. Can anyone in the Wooster, OH or Columbus, OH area help him out? He is more than willing to pay a fair price. Thanks for your consideration!

He may be able to call fin feather & fur over in Ashland ,OH or sportsman's den in Shelby, OH one of the two places may have what he needs.

You don't really need Mag primer to do the job. You are only using about 70grs of powder. I have for years used LRPimers in rifles that use up to 75grs of powder. Now if it's a short barrel that maybe a different story. Most of my barrels are in the 26" area. I also mostly load H4350 powders. In my 308 N. Mag I am getting 3300fps with 165gr Nosler Accubond.

Hello,
I have a nephew who just bought a 300 WM in preparation for our Colorado 2nd Rifle Hunt this year. He has Lapua brass and Hammer bullets, but is in need of Large Rifle Magnum Primers. Can anyone in the Wooster, OH or Columbus, OH area help him out? He is more than willing to pay a fair price. Thanks for your consideration!
but hunting zone 64/65 for over 20 years, this year going to try 66. wish him good luck, what zone is he hunting

You don't really need Mag primer to do the job. You are only using about 70grs of powder. I have for years used LRPimers in rifles that use up to 75grs of powder. Now if it's a short barrel that maybe a different story. Most of my barrels are in the 26" area. I also mostly load H4350 powders. In my 308 N. Mag I am getting 3300fps with 165gr Nosler Accubond.
I looking for a replacement, just in case I can not find Retumbo. how does the H4350 do with the temp change from the Average morning being 17 degrees and the day high can be as high as 70 degrees?

no issues here with that 17-70 degree temp range for 300wm and h4350, Hodgdon states it is temp insensitive and it should do well for you.

no issues here with that 17-70 degree temp range for 300wm and h4350, Hodgdon states it is temp insensitive and it should do well for you.
I shoot the 300 ultra mag, would know the difference on how it would respond? I just got some Retumbo, with will get me by for practicing, but I am going to get a few others so I can test it, just it gets to be a point where I cant find the Retubmbo,
thanks for the info

Like Mike Matteson I have jumped on the band wagon and just use Large Rifle Primers and I have no complaints.
I did have to adjust my load density slightly on one 300 win mag rifle but the other two 300 win mags loves the LRP.