Looking to buy 30 cal bullets

What do you like better about the Hammers than the Barnes ttsx. I am thinking of switching ?
To be honest I had really good results for years with Barnes on a ton of both deer and elk. The only reason I gave the Hammers a try is because of the members on this sight giving positive reviews. The first rifle I tried them in was my 30-378 and was blow away by the accuracy with the first load I tested. Since, I've switched all of my rifles and a couple of dozen of my friends rifles over to the Hammers and have yet to have one not shoot exceptionally well. The performance on game has been equally as impressive. I also like the consistency of the Hammers from batch to batch although not all perfect, but very close in weight and ogive length measurements. Hammers are different from Barnes on impact because they shed the front pedals leaving a blunt (caliber size) bullet that penetrates deeply creating nasty wound channel. In all the animals I've shot, as well as, my friends that I load for, we've yet to recover a round and have yet to loose an animal. The only advice I would give on shooting Hammers would be to use the effective impact velocity to determine your effective killing range. Not to mention that fact that Steve at Hammer has always given exceptional customer service and advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.