Looking to buy 30 cal bullets

merkley27

Looking to buy Barnes TTSX-BT (.308) 30 cal 180 grain bullets. I have an elk trip coming up and am in dire need of some bullets to reload

Last edited:
Someone here will probably have some. I have sent five different flat rate boxes in the last month to help guys out. It might be helpful to say what cartridge for some alternatives. If no luck, and not set totally on the ttsx, I'll highly recommend the Hammer line. Slam dunk company, products and availability.

Hammer just came out with a 180HH for better results with 1:10 twist. If you are shooting a 300WM, I would also look at their 196HH. FYI-I am getting easy 3150 out of 26" Sendero and 1/2 MOA with the 196 using RL26.

Someone here will probably have some. I have sent five different flat rate boxes in the last month to help guys out. It might be helpful to say what cartridge for some alternatives. If no luck, and not set totally on the ttsx, I'll highly recommend the Hammer line. Slam dunk company, products and availability.

I don't know if I am ready to change up bullets just quite yet I have been shooting for a couple weeks now and seems like these ttsx shoot pretty well for my gun I would hate to change it up now but I'm going to do a little research on that bullet. Thank you for the information!!!

I don't know if I am ready to change up bullets just quite yet I have been shooting for a couple weeks now and seems like these ttsx shoot pretty well for my gun I would hate to change it up now but I'm going to do a little research on that bullet. Thank you for the information!!!
The Hammers are the easiest bullet I have ever shot for tuning. They do not care about jump for most part. In my Sendero, the max COAL is my limiting factor and the jump at Max COAL is 0.095 and it still shoots fantastic at 1/2 MOA.
The best qualities of the Hammer bullet:
  • jump is irrelevant, (high shot count barrels will benefit from these bullets too)
  • easy to tune
  • higher velocity with similar load data
  • terminal performance is well documented,
  • and my best - AVAILABLE!
Just read some of the threads, they all same same thing, high quality bullet = high quality performance.

No I am not part of their company just a highly satisfied user that my reloading and shooting life got way easier shooting these bullets.

I've got 24 left, don't need anymore. You can have them for the price of shipping, should be around $9. Looks like you're not up enough messages for PM
image.jpg

If these are what you have I will gladly take them off your hands!!!

Midway USA has BARNES TSX 180 grain 30 cal in stock for 42.00 a box of 50. I have found the TSX Bullet to be more accurate in my rifles that the TTSX.

Looking to buy Barnes TTSX-BT (.308) 30 cal 180 grain bullets. I have an elk trip coming up and am in dire need of some bullets to reload
I've got plenty of the 180 TSX if you need them and will let them go at the old original price or less as I've switched all rifles over to Hammers. Not sure how many I have because they are separated by exact weight and ogive length and labeled in bags. If you need them, please let me know and I'll be happy to help and give exact quantities. Also if anyone has a SHV 5X20 MOAR illuminated they want to get rid of, please let me know.

Last edited:
I've got plenty of the 180 TSX if you need them and will let them go at the old original price or less as I've switched all rifles over to Hammers. Not sure how many I have because they are separated by exact weight and ogive length and labeled in bags. If you need them, please let me know and I'll be happy to help and give exact quantities. Also if anyone has a SHV 5X20 MOAR illuminated they want to get rid of, please let me know.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.