Looking forward to reports on the 28 Nosler

I read the articles on the Nosler website and was truly excited about the 26 Nosler. We now have something that will really push the 6.5 mm bullet. I really like the 6.5 and have a couple of the 6.5 Swedish for deer and Antelope. The only thing that prevented me from building a 6.5 AI built off of the 270 or 25-06 is the lack of good hunting bullets. So I have been working with the 7mm simply because it is very well represented with great bullets. However, as I read about the 28 Nosler I noticed that there are a couple of calibers that were not mentioned in comparison. I have had a 7mm RUM in the old Sendero for many years and I do not see where the 28 Nosler is providing anything new. Then I look around and find the trusted old STW and even the 7mm Weatherby both of which are reputable 7mm's and have been around for a very long time.

The 26 Nosler is a step forward into the future, but it looks to me that the 28 Nosler is just another me too cartridge.

Where am I wrong? Information helps me learn and make better decisions and you are the experts on making a bullet go in a straight line. Teach me.

Different is not always better. The old is not always better. New is not always better.

Of course I like the 28-Nosler. No reason for anyone that has one of what you mentioned to change. No reason for anyone with a 7mm RM to change either but...

Well, challenge is fun so I'm made mine up long before Nosler let it be known that they were.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.