Looking for Users of Teludyne Tech Straight Jacket System

azsugarbear

I'm always enjoy learning about new ideas and products. One that I have been following for several years is the straight jacket system from Teludyne Tech.

StraightJacket Accuracy and Reliability Enhancement for sub-MOATeludyne

For those unfamiliar with the system, they take your barreled action and reduce the profile/contour of your barrel down to a thin sporter (never removing your barrel from the action) and then 'sleeve it ' with a 1.25" straight tube. They then fill the void between the barrel and the tube with some proprietary medium/epoxy that acts like a heat sink. Reportedly, it is lighter than steel and much more rigid. The system is said to radically reduce barrel vibration, thereby increasing accuracy.

I first read about this in 2010. I thought I would wait and see how others have fared with the system. Lately, it seems to gaining some momentum. Some questions I have are:

1) What was the contour of your barrel and accuracy both before and after the installation?

2) Can you document extended barrel life (particularly the throat area) due to reduced heat?

3) Knowing what you know now, would you do it again? Especially now that the price has doubled to over $700 w/shipping per barrel?

This thread isn't designed to attract debate/comment about the system or opinions from shooters that haven't owned one of these barrels. Just hoping to get some first hand knowledge from someone who has experience with the system that can give us an unvarnished, fresh evaluation of this product.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts