Looking for some insight or experience on specific Howa models….

nksmfamjp

Many of us are looking for lightweight, long range capable, threaded muzzles, sub-moa accuracy guarantee, better factory stocks, Cerakote finish, carbon fiber barrels, or a combination or these things.

Are folks trying out these rifles? How are they working for you? I don't see much talk about these specific rifles that all have good weight, good stocks and some other advanced features.

Well, after some digging, I see some folks pretty disappointed in the Super Lite. Seems cool, but they just tried to get too much into it maybe. I also see folks thinking it is a rifle meant to be free floated which is often terrible on pencil barrels in super light stocks.

That Newberg rifle looks nice. Cerakote, light barrel, brake, good weight, good calibers.

Anybody own these things?

I don't have info on those specifically, but Howa builds a good rifle. I have 2 weatherby Vanguard (Howa) that with hand loads shoot under .75 MOA. I have seen the Randy Newberg edition at Sportsman's and they seem really nice, but that barrel is thin.

The Carbon barrel model interests me for sure.

Thanks for the response. How many rounds and distance?
3 rounds groups typically and have been proven out at 500 yards for both guns.

These guns were also series 1 guns prior to the Howa 1 MOA guarantee for all their rifles.

I have a Howa 1500 Carbon Stalker in Kryptek Altitude; caliber 7mm-08. It shoots well and I have a Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x44 scope on it. Plain steel barrel, no fancy finish but seems like a decent action. Stock is carbon wrapped foam filled by Stockys with free float barrel. I had some loose pieces of resin rattling in the buttstock which I had to remove on several occasions, and refill with Great Stuff foam. After that, the screws for the Limbsaver recoil pad would no longer hold it securely so I had to make up aluminum backing plate for the screws. All good now. I even did a skim bed of the receiver to try for some improvement but have not shot too much to confirm. Overall pretty happy with it especially for the price point. Mostly shooting Barnes 145gr LRX with RL17.

Well, after some digging, I see some folks pretty disappointed in the Super Lite. Seems cool, but they just tried to get too much into it maybe. I also see folks thinking it is a rifle meant to be free floated which is often terrible on pencil barrels in super light stocks.

That Newberg rifle looks nice. Cerakote, light barrel, brake, good weight, good calibers.

Anybody own these things?
I am interested in the super lightweight version, haven't found much information on them good or bad. Can you tell me what you found to read on these? Thank you Cody

I have the Howa Carbon Elevate in 6.5 Creedmoor. I only shoot factory ammo in it. I broke it in with 35 rounds of Federal American Eagle 129 grain TMJ ammo. It was only grouping 1-3/4" at 100 yards. I switched to Berger 135 Classic Hunter 135 grain factory loaded ammo. It shoots better than 1/2"at 100 yards. I couldn't be happier.

I have a Newberg edition in 7-08 and really like it. Shoots great, but I don't have a ton of time behind it yet. Took a muley last year with it, and i'm tuning it in this weekend (new scope) for a Deer hunt in Nov. in New Mexico. I see he's hawking the super lite with the same stock as his, but can't locate a rifle or barreled action and that stock???

I have a Newberg edition in 7-08 and really like it. Shoots great, but I don't have a ton of time behind it yet. Took a muley last year with it, and i'm tuning it in this weekend (new scope) for a Deer hunt in Nov. in New Mexico. I see he's hawking the super lite with the same stock as his, but can't locate a rifle or barreled action and that stock???
Sounds like a great rifle! What kind of groups are you seeing from it?

20230908_152858.jpg

Just did this the other day. If I do my part it's sub moa. Was only at 100 yds. Now I need to find a range for longer distances.