• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for small quantity of hammer bullets 7mm

nksmfamjp

Looking for 5-10 bullets…..really 5. I just want to confirm keyholing or not from my rifle.

0.284 168gr Barnes LRX (1:8 twist)

0.284 177gr Hammer Hunter
0.284 169gr Hammer Hunter
0.284 155gr Hammer Hunter

Anybody have a few of each they care to share? I want to confirm twist stability

I have some:
0.284 Berger 190gr hybrid match
0.284 Berger 195gr EOL
0.284 Nosler 175gr ABLR
0.308 Berger 180gr EH
0.308 Hornady 212gr ELD-X
0.264 Nosler 140gr Accubond

We can probably work out an equitable trade.

Last edited:
Call Steve at Hammer bullets I bet he would do a sample pack to fit your needs they are very accommodating and always willing to help a guy out

Call Steve at Hammer bullets I bet he would do a sample pack to fit your needs they are very accommodating and always willing to help a guy out
They do 15 packs for $30….plus. Doubt they do trades for other bullets. I ma6 just put some bullet up for sale to dive into some hammers at the end of the day.

I would call Steve and talk to him about them. I talked to him one day about a twist rate that was close to what they recommended. He explained that they would shoot accurately and wouldn't keyhole but they probably wouldn't perform on game how they were intended. If I remember correctly he said they might not penetrate in a straight line and open properly but you better ask him I don't want to put words in his mouth.

Fear not!
I had some in 6.5 that keyholed. I measured the twist and all said I was "in spec"...Called and talked to Steve and he promised it was nothing I could do to make it happen. The gun didn't like them. "Pick another weight or variety and give me your address and we will get them right out"!!! Yup free!! Those first three went under half an inch.
This is hammer bullets...
Joe

They do 15 packs for $30….plus. Doubt they do trades for other bullets. I ma6 just put some bullet up for sale to dive into some hammers at the end of the day.
That's what I was told when I asked about some hammer bullets they are sold in 15 round sample packs on their website

As Steve says, marginally stable bullets may shoot very well on paper but may not be optimal for "on game" performance. Making a decision on a hunting weight bullet based on the fact that it doesn't keyhole may not produce the best choice for terminal performance. I'd rely more on Steve's recommendation for your twist rate than I would on target results.

Just a thought

Talked to Steve, ran the numbers over the calculator….the 169's will work for me, so I ordered them up. Now I have 2 bullets to try. I'm excited to get going!

Called Alliant about the powder…..I should of asked my dog!