Looking for Scope for 22-250 for better half:)

Aldon

I am becoming an empty nester soon, like this next week:)

I have plenty of things to keep me busy but the thing I like most is shooting.

The better half has always had something else to do when I asked her to accompany me, she agreed that with the changes in our lives that it might be fun to try it again as long as the rifle did not punish her. She is X army so she has shot before. Just been a long while.

To that end I recently took several rifes to the smith and one of which was a 700 that I had him blueprint, accurize and rebarrel to 22-250 with heavy barrel.

I am hoping I can develope a load that is really accurate and that she will enjoy as it should be very mild recoil.

I need to get a scope for this thing that does not cost a fortune and will allow her to do well.

This will almost always be shot from a bench.

I would like to spend ~250.00 or less. I know it is in the low range but if she decides to shoot regularly, I would add high end glass later. Too soon to be anything but hopeful on my part and if she decides its not for her, I will rebarrel into something else as I already have a 6x284 with 14 twist for the little critters.

Anyone have an idea for a good target scope 24x at a minimum.

If I could pick up an older Bausch and Lomb 36X or perhaps similar it would be ideal.

So I am looking for ideas and if someone has a smoking deal, PM me.

I usually check in daily on the site....

Thanks! Aldon

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.