Looking for mentor

pgohil

I'm new to the long range shooting world. I just purchased a savage 10fcp-kfcp-k and topped it with a millett lrs-1. Shooting .5 to .75 groups with federal gold match 168's out to 200 yards.
goad is to shoot under a moa to 800 yards or so.
I've gotten so much information from this site alone, its incredible the wealth of knowledge that is on this board. I appreciate everyone's posts.
I'm looking for an experienced long range shooter with a lot of experience to take me under their wing and help make me a better marksman. Looking for someone to chat with via email, phone or text to help me out. I've got a bazillion question that come to me randomly, and want some of them them answered.

Thanks.

PD Gohil
304-619-9337
[email protected]

I'm new to the long range shooting world. I just purchased a savage 10fcp-kfcp-k and topped it with a millett lrs-1. Shooting .5 to .75 groups with federal gold match 168's out to 200 yards.
goad is to shoot under a moa to 800 yards or so.
I've gotten so much information from this site alone, its incredible the wealth of knowledge that is on this board. I appreciate everyone's posts.
I'm looking for an experienced long range shooter with a lot of experience to take me under their wing and help make me a better marksman. Looking for someone to chat with via email, phone or text to help me out. I've got a bazillion question that come to me randomly, and want some of them them answered.

Thanks.

PD Gohil
304-619-9337
[email protected]
Just jump in post your questions and be part of the gang here and let folks get to know you.

You'll find more knowledgeable people here willing to help than you will probably anywhere else on the net.

Pgohill,

Somewhere on this site is a map showing where various members are located. Find a couple close to you and send them a PM. You can also look under the Regions section to see when and where shooters in your area are getting together.

+1 for Wild Rose comment.
This is a great place for help.
The other thing I would recommend is going to a couple long range matches in your area. See what these guys are shooting. Talk to some people.
I met a guy at the local range doing load work up for a 1000 yard rifle. Pretty interesting rig, solid aluminum stock and weighed 60 something pounds. Crazy accurate at the 200 yard target he let me shoot. Dime sized group at 200. He won a tournament a few weeks later and set a new record with a 6 BRX.
He was great help when I was doing load work ups for my 300 win mag. The mechanics are the same for reloading and load work up. Some of the good shooting form is also very helpful.
As lots of questions.
Plan on getting hooked. It is a ton of fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.