Looking for first hand reviews on Rem 700 SPS Tac .308

I have the regular version. My stock touched up dront so before I even loaded for it I bought the hs stock. I did shoot some factory loads (fed match168 smk's)with the factory stock and it shot well. (if I recall correctly) it was around 1/2 to 3/4 moa. With the hs stock and hanloads it shoots 43.5 fr varget 168smk into a tiny little hole. I have shot several .25 groups and a couple under 100 tho. I have a defensive edge brake on it and it us unreal how little it recoils. I wish I would have shot these loads with the hogue before I sold the hogue, who knows, maybe it wld have shot just as well

how does the break on it effect velocity?

I am not sure because I never put it through a chrono.With the brake I put 2600 fps into exbal and hit steel but the wind was blowing hard and we were low on time so I didnt validate it. I will next time but I am thinking it will be within 50 fps of that

I'm getting ready to develope a load for mine next week and was wondering they like. Powder/grains/coal/primers/bullets. Thanks

well i guess with all this success ill be ordering either of the rifles ill just have to decide if it is worth the extra coin to me

-Matt

just got back from the tactical shop around here and talk to the gentleman there and he explained the AAC version better to me

Turns out it is a far better firearm than i though before, aac makes the barrel which is a total plus to the rifle, i thought it was just a remington made version with a name slapped on it.

he said on his he is shooting 175 grain and 1/2 to 3/4 MOA @ 100

kinda looking at that version of the platform more

-Matt

I did not know this about the tube, is it 5R or rifled like the std Tact, but in 1-10?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.