• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for an anvil

branwill25

Hello all, I am looking for an anvil for my knife making. I would gladly trade a very nice custom knife for one or buy it if not too expensive. I am in Southeast Idaho. Can travel if not too far. Also if the right anvil is out there I have guns to trade. Thanks for looking and if you know of one either PM me or text me at 208-227-4838. Thanks for your time. Picture for reference.

Attachments

• Anvil.jpg
    Anvil.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 11
They cost a fortune over here and one like you showed would sell for $600 to $800 . They have antique value now because dick heads who never use it buy them as a collectors item . I have been looking for one for years and the cheap ones are crap , have cracks and broken edges and the good ones are too expensive . The USA would have a much bigger pool to choose from so you might get lucky .

They cost a fortune over here and one like you showed would sell for $600 to $800 . They have antique value now because dick heads who never use it buy them as a collectors item . I have been looking for one for years and the cheap ones are crap , have cracks and broken edges and the good ones are too expensive . The USA would have a much bigger pool to choose from so you might get lucky .

Thanks

I wish you luck and I think you will find a good one over there . I nearly got a good one for $400 but I had no money at the time and the small junk shop did not take a credit card , By the time I got back with the cash it was gone , man I was so ****ed as it was a good English brand and in perfect condition . I bet someone saw it and offered more money . I f*cked up big time as I should have put a holding deposit on it . It was a small junk shop in the middle of nowhere . Maybe they realized it was cheap and just said they sold it . I don't know . Have not seen one as good or as cheap as that since . I missed my chance , still kicking myself 15 years later .

I wish you luck and I think you will find a good one over there . I nearly got a good one for $400 but I had no money at the time and the small junk shop did not take a credit card , By the time I got back with the cash it was gone , man I was so ****ed as it was a good English brand and in perfect condition . I bet someone saw it and offered more money . I f*cked up big time as I should have put a holding deposit on it . It was a small junk shop in the middle of nowhere . Maybe they realized it was cheap and just said they sold it . I don't know . Have not seen one as good or as cheap as that since . I missed my chance , still kicking myself 15 years later .

Thanks I have found some that are nice but everything falls through for some reason. Just thought I would try here as well. Take care

morning, a piece of railroad iron rail makes a very good anvil.

I had one 2.5ft. long, got stolen. worked very well. I used

for fab work on farm machinery. THK. U lightbulb:)gun)

morning, a piece of railroad iron rail makes a very good anvil.

I had one 2.5ft. long, got stolen. worked very well. I used

for fab work on farm machinery. THK. U lightbulb:)gun)

Hello, I have several pieces of rail. That is what I am using now. I just want a real nice big old anvil. Thanks

fyi - in Western Horseman magazine there's an ad for a 70-lb anvil made for horseshoeing, $320.

I don't have one and have never seen one in person and have no affiliation of any kind with the seller, so I can't vouch for the anvil or seller - but thought i'd pass the info along in case it might be of interest to you.

Cliff Carroll's Horseshoers Supplies, Inc.

they have anvils ranging from 35# ($178) to 120# ($560).

good luck with your search. -spfarr

fyi - in Western Horseman magazine there's an ad for a 70-lb anvil made for horseshoeing, $320.

I don't have one and have never seen one in person and have no affiliation of any kind with the seller, so I can't vouch for the anvil or seller - but thought i'd pass the info along in case it might be of interest to you.

Cliff Carroll's Horseshoers Supplies, Inc.

they have anvils ranging from 35# ($178) to 120# ($560).

good luck with your search. -spfarr

Thank you. I am looking for an older, larger Blacksmith anvil in the area of 150-200 lbs. I actually own the 125 pound Cliff Carroll you mention. Take care

morning, the railroad sells its steel to a salvage company in state. suggestion?

inter railroad steel in computer, see if u can get and answer?! someone

knows where the salvage is operated. I was very fortunate to know

and individual with a 10ft. piece. THK U. lightbulb:)gun)

Recent Posts