Looking for advice on a lifelong rifle purchase

I am using the 4-16x44 HS-T on mine because I wanted the lower power range to match the 7mm-08. If I was putting one on a 7RM, the higher power might be the way to go. I am really pleased with mine and still haven't got it fully set up yet as I am waiting to see how load development goes with the 150gr ABLR and the 162gr ELD-X. In my (limited) opinion, the HS-T is probably one of the best bargains out there.

I am using the 4-16x44 HS-T on mine because I wanted the lower power range to match the 7mm-08. If I was putting one on a 7RM, the higher power might be the way to go. I am really pleased with mine and still haven't got it fully set up yet as I am waiting to see how load development goes with the 150gr ABLR and the 162gr ELD-X. In my (limited) opinion, the HS-T is probably one of the best bargains out there.

Agreed. I've shot and owned a lot of scopes both higher and lower in price than the HS-T...And I now have more Vortex scopes than any other brand. I think Vortex Viper HS and HS-T scopes are the best bang for the buck on the market today. The next best is the Zeiss Conquest scopes. The only reason the Conquests are in 2nd place in my opinion, is because the price is a good bit higher than the HS-T scopes. But they are both super high-quality optics for the money.

The best low-priced optic is hands-down the SWFA SS fixed-power scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.