• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for a stainless/synthetic Elk rifle !!

Timber338

A buddy of mine that hunts elk with me is looking for a 325 wsm and I told him I would help him find one. Only requirement is that it be stainless/synthetic, and he really does not care about the condition (relatively speaking).

This guy is NOT a long range hunter ... in fact he shot an elk with one of my guns from less than 2 feet. Yup, you heard that right, and I'm not exaggerating. 2 feet. A long shot for him would be 100 yards.

I think I could talk him in to a 300wsm or a 300wm or even a 338wm if the price was right. He normally hunts with a lever gun w/ iron sights but his eyes are not quite what they used to be and wants a bolt action that he can put a fixed 4x scope on top of.

I figure some of you guys have guns in your gun safes that you don't think will sell because they have a few too many marks on the stock or whatever. Hopefully we might be able to work something out and you can sell one of your guns quick and painless.gun)

Thanks!

got a 300, 270, and 7 WSM winchesters in stainless. These have the black or featherweight stocks. Let me know and i can send pics

Feel free to send a pic or two. I probably should have mentioned that he is looking for a good deal over a really fancy/nice/new rifle. Something under $500. So that's why he's willing to get something with a few battle scars. If you (or anybody else) are looking to get more $ than that, then I don't want to waste your time! Thanks again.

Regarding the winchesters you have, I could probably talk him in to the 300wsm if the price is right. Although I know I could not talk him in to either the 270 or 7mm.

If the $500 limit is fixed in stone AND he wants stainless, then searching 338 and stainless on Gunbroker shows that a Ruger is probably his best bet. However, expand your caliber choice or possibly a blued rifle and you have significantly more options.

If the $500 limit is fixed in stone AND he wants stainless, then searching 338 and stainless on Gunbroker shows that a Ruger is probably his best bet. However, expand your caliber choice or possibly a blued rifle and you have significantly more options.

Dr. Vette, Thanks for the advice. A Ruger very well might be the way to go for him based on cost.

I am trying to convince him to up his price to the $700 - $725 range. With that he could move up to a brand new Savage Weather Warrior or Remington Stainless SPS and get either a 300wsm or a 338wm. He is just short on funds so we will see. Even a 30-06 would work just fine for him.

He is fixed on stainless/synthetic for sure the but the cartridge is really pretty flexible. But like you say, if cost is the main driver then something's gotta give!

Was kind of thinking that maybe somebody will find this thread and have a somewhat rough looking rifle that they want to sell. Maybe that is a bit too optimistic!?

A buddy of mine that hunts elk with me is looking for a 325 wsm and I told him I would help him find one. Only requirement is that it be stainless/synthetic, and he really does not care about the condition (relatively speaking).

This guy is NOT a long range hunter ... in fact he shot an elk with one of my guns from less than 2 feet. Yup, you heard that right, and I'm not exaggerating. 2 feet. A long shot for him would be 100 yards.

I think I could talk him in to a 300wsm or a 300wm or even a 338wm if the price was right. He normally hunts with a lever gun w/ iron sights but his eyes are not quite what they used to be and wants a bolt action that he can put a fixed 4x scope on top of.

I figure some of you guys have guns in your gun safes that you don't think will sell because they have a few too many marks on the stock or whatever. Hopefully we might be able to work something out and you can sell one of your guns quick and painless.gun)

Thanks!
Check Gunbroker, Armslist.com, and auction arms. You can find Remington LSS's and stainless M70's pretty reasonably there.

My stainless laminated 300wm came off of auction arms and I picked it up for 525.00 including shipping and it was like new and unfired.

If he was willing to spend the money they stainless coyote light and coyote outback's come in .300wsm and.325wsm both of which would work out very well for him.

Marlin's .338m Lever Gun with a fixed 4x scope would be a great choice as well since that's what he's used to shooting and it also comes in stainless. Not sure if it comes with a plastic stock or not but it definitely does in a laminate.

Dr. Vette, Thanks for the advice. A Ruger very well might be the way to go for him based on cost.

I am trying to convince him to up his price to the $700 - $725 range. With that he could move up to a brand new Savage Weather Warrior or Remington Stainless SPS and get either a 300wsm or a 338wm. He is just short on funds so we will see. Even a 30-06 would work just fine for him.

He is fixed on stainless/synthetic for sure the but the cartridge is really pretty flexible. But like you say, if cost is the main driver then something's gotta give!

Was kind of thinking that maybe somebody will find this thread and have a somewhat rough looking rifle that they want to sell. Maybe that is a bit too optimistic!?
If you're willing to scroll back far enough there was a really nice ruger MKII stainless/synthetic for sale here a few months back and the guy wasn't getting any bites on it at all since it was a ruger and short barreled. He got down to around 450.00 on it before I quit seeing it getting bumped back up. It was a 300wm

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/remington-m700-stainless-300-rum-600-shipped-93252/

This would certainly do the job if it's still available and you could talk him into a 7mm wsm which, again for his range would certainly get the job done.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/ruger-m77-mark-ii-7mm-wsm-87768/

Here's the Ruger I remembered, good buy if it's still around. Cerakote the barrel and never look back.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/ruger-m77-mkii-300-win-mag-85580/