Looking for a place to shoot Prairie Dogs or Ground Squirrels close to Northern Idaho

skookum

I am looking for somewhere a buddy and I can get in some DIY Varmint shooting within a reasonable driving distance from the Coeur d'Alene area (w/in 8hrs). Prairie Dogs or ground squirrels I don't discriminate. I have a place in the Burns area but would like something a little closer and realize there are a lot of ranches in Montana. Any info on where to find a location to shoot or someone willing to let us clean up some pests on their land would be greatly appreciated.

I live in north idaho too. Know some people that go shoot prairie dogs in Montana. That's the closest place I know of with lots and lots of prairie dogs. There are a lot of places over there that you can get landowner permission to shoot them as long as their cattle aren't in the area.

I would love to shoot rock chucks around here. I always see them on the centennial trail, some of them have to be over 20 lbs.

Yeah, that's a bit of a drive. I have family in Colorado with dog towns on their ranch that are probably closer. lol. Plus I can't imagine what kind of hell I'd catch for trying to cross the border with a couple rifles and a pile of ammo. :D

Livetohunt: That's kinda what I was hoping for was to find someone on here that needed rid of some dogs in the western Montana area. There's pockets of ground squirrels around here especially in the meadows along the CDA river but it's usually so busy around there with people you can't shoot them.

Yeah it's a ways.
Actually it's no problem to come up. We have some guys from Idaho come up every year with enough guns and ammo to start a war lol
You just have to declare what ur bringing

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.