• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for a Kenton Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayoutinmo

I am looking for a Kenton KI Unit turret for my Leupold VX3. The KI is the turret that installs on a standard finger dial - similar to a Stoney Point but with much tighter tolerances. Let me know if you have one you would sell.

Thanks,
Mike

I have tried using the Stony Points as well as just checking the basic turret reproducibility of the VXIII's. Perhaps it's just the few I have owned, but the internals of the standard scope does not seem to lend itself to routine turret use. I'm not referring to the target turret VXIII models which I have had mixed results. The MK4's have been excellent.IMO.

The VX3's and VXIII's are very repeatable. Stoney Point turrets just have too much play and slop to be precise. As for the scope, the internals are the same whether you have a standard finger dial or a target or M1 turret.

Perhaps it has to do with each of our specific experiences/scopes, or our individual definitions of "accurate". My testing was done with the actual click values, not turret readings.

Perhaps. The day after Christmas I found my self with multiple 'yotes approaching while on a calling set. I shot the first at 260 yds and the remaining pair where shot at 540 and 710. I then reset my turret to zero before my next calling set at which I killed another yote at just over 200. Then on New Years morning I made my longest coyote kill to date - 1085 yds. All done with the same VX3 4.5-14 x 50 LR. Plenty repeatable and 'accurate' for me :D.

Mike,
I'm just thinking out loud here and wondering if these are hard to get from Kenton?
Wouldn't it be more valuable if it was made exactly to your ballistic needs? How does that even hold onto the knob? Good luck on your search. Just curious, Mark

Hey Mark,
Yeah it is very easy to get one from Kenton. I was checking to see if anyone had one with an MOA marked turret that they weren't using. Just trying to save a dollar or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.