Looking for a holster (leather) for my XVR 460 14" barrel, scoped.

SidecarFlip

Title says it all. I have a Ballistic nylon cross draw chest holster I bought some time ago but the fit in the holster (loose) leaves a lot to be desired.. The holster wears well over my camo but I'd like to purchase a leather one if I can find one. Galco makes a 460 scoped holster but not for the 14" braked barrel. I sent them a message and they replied that they don't make one and won't even consider building me a custom one. Price isn't an object, quality is and I want a leather one, cross draw (RH) chest holster. Anyone have any idea who might make one or has one that I can purchase. Of course I want a new one but I'd consider a used one in excellent condition.

Not sure this is the correct forum as it's equipment related but the 460 XVR is not a common handgun.

Not leather, but I just received a chest holster from Gunfighters Inc. - the Kenai.

It has a kydex shell with three attachment points for a nylon harness (I think it's nylon).

Holds a Ruger SBH comfortably but I admittedly haven't really gone trekking with it.

Sorry, but can't attach links from phone...

Not leather, but I just received a chest holster from Gunfighters Inc. - the Kenai.

It has a kydex shell with three attachment points for a nylon harness (I think it's nylon).

Holds a Ruger SBH comfortably but I admittedly haven't really gone trekking with it.

Sorry, but can't attach links from phone...

The 14" barreled XVR is a huge (physical size) revolver, much larger than most any other revolver but I'll check them out.

Tried a Goggle and DuckDuckGo search and came up empty handed too. Someone has to make a leather holster for my hand cannon. Not really a cannon, it's quite tame to shoot, just loud.

Not really a cannon, it's quite tame to shoot, just loud.
It's tame because it weighs a TON! :D

I actually feel the 8 3/8 inch barrel is quite easy to shoot - off a bench or sticks. Not so much offhand except for the first shot due to the weight.

It's tame because it weighs a TON! :D

I actually feel the 8 3/8 inch barrel is quite easy to shoot - off a bench or sticks. Not so much offhand except for the first shot due to the weight.

Not really. Weighs less than my hunting stick does. and I find it to be well balanced too. They aren't for everyone but then I'm not everyone. I'm me. My 44 RM Smith kicks worse and has worse muzzle climb.

Not a big person either and I can shoot it offhand, no problem. heck, even my 75 year old hunting buddy shoots it off hand and he likes it. Hearing protection is mandatory however.

Nice thing about it is it's fairly accurate out to 200 yards and has the kinetic energy at 200 to bring down just about any animal.

Diamond D is out too. Just got a reply from them. No can do.

If you happen to know any Cowboy Action Shooters, there may be a leather maker in your area that will take on the project. They will probably need your revolver though to mold the leather around.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.