Long time snooper!

Daniel Parker

Belonged to the site for a few years now and PM'd back and forth with some great folks with lots of knowledge.

I have 4 kiddos that are pretty solid little shooters and are looking move up from their well worn CZ 22's.

Speaking of kids, what target/hunting rifles have you folks been using with your 7-10 year olds?

I have a Tikka T3x Lite in .243 that would make a sweet kids rifle but the length of pull is a little long. I've tried to find a used lite compact tikka stock (12.5 LOP) but no luck.

Any suggestions for the Tikka or otherwise?

Thanks!

.223 or 243 Savage Storm rifle. Change the stock shims later and they'll never outgrow em!
My Savage Storm Stainless 223 rides with me every day and has claimed a turn-row full of depredatory animals (varmints) on my farm.
Has accustock with shims that can be added or removed for LOP from youth to adult.

Keep looking for that Tikka.
What about a Tikka CTR?
I have one in 7mm-08, it has stock spacers and a medium weight barrel.
7mm-08 is not so popular in Australia but I think it's **** hot. I have hunted a bit with .308 and others.
There must be Ruger American etc that might suit the kids but Tikka are popular in Australia and I have a few because they just work
The thing with Tikka is the modular configuration can be used to your advantage bas all action length s are the same allowing for swapping and reconfiguring between stocks

Keep looking for that Tikka.
What about a Tikka CTR?
I have one in 7mm-08, it has stock spacers and a medium weight barrel.
7mm-08 is not so popular in Australia but I think it's **** hot. I have hunted a bit with .308 and others.
There must be Ruger American etc that might suit the kids but Tikka are popular in Australia and I have a few because they just work
The thing with Tikka is the modular configuration can be used to your advantage bas all action length s are the same allowing for swapping and reconfiguring between stocks
Exactly my reason for picking the Tikka also. The CTR stock would fit but I would also have to swap the bottom metal out and buy different mags. I am really hoping to buy a Tikka Lite Compact stock that someone has laying around from a stock swap going the longer LOP! I have seen them for sale in expired listings but nothing right now. Fingers crossed! P.S. Growing up in the NW USA I've developed a love the 7mm-08 too. Solid all around performer!!