Long time listener

jcc

I joined this forum back in 2010 and it has helped me tremendously! I never thought that I had anything to contribute or really to ask as I could search and find answers to all of my questions. I shoot and reload primarily for the 270WSM and 280AI. I am getting ready to dive into the world of custom rifles as I have finally saved up enough to make this happen and I think I am finally getting ready to ask some questions.

I live and hunt primarily in Oregon and I like shooting long range almost as much as hunting birds over pointers.

Welcome back! Have you chosen a cartridge for your custom build? If not, what would you like to use it for?

Welcome back! Have you chosen a cartridge for your custom build? If not, what would you like to use it for?

I am leaning towards a 280AI setup to shoot the 175 or 180 grain Bergers. Nothing too light or too heavy, just a good all around hunting rifle that I can carry all day and reach out across some of the smaller canyons here in Oregon.

The problem is I cannot stop thinking about owning a 300 Norma in a dedicated long range rig. I cannot tell you how many times I check Berger to see if they have released the 245 EOL. The reality is I want both but can only buy one. I will most likely get the 280AI and start saving for the 300 Norma.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.