long range savage ml

hillbill

kind of unusual I guess but here is my newest baby,it started life as a 50 cal 10 MLII but now wears a richards tacdriver stock with bedded & pillard action, bedded & floated ramrod tube, pacnor 28" 1-22 twist fluted barrel, sss machined lug, sss comp trigger, bedded farrel base with burris tactical rings & soon to wear a Nightforce scope ,& sss tactical bolt handle.....and yes its a shooter[PHP
ramrodtube003-1.jpg
PHP]

That savage ML-10-1 looks good. Was it originally an accutrigger? Did you convert it to SSS trigger? Was it difficult?

Thanks,
Ed

honestly I barely remember posting a pic of the gun but if its a green thumbhole it is a Richards microfit, called a tacdriver. they are simi finished and they use that loosely. I spent over 20 hours on that stock.

the gun has just been put up for sale if you are interested. I cut the barrel down to 24" and had it threaded for a brake. it has a flush fitting cap that blends nicely.

if you might be interested let me know and i will send the specs and price.

I build smokeless guns and this was my first. It has been my baby for a few years but I now have others and I am currently building a .416 so this one needs to go:rolleyes:

Is the gun a savage ml or ml2? About what does it weigh and how's it shooting, barrel life remaining? About how far does it shoot to? With the trigger change, is it safe? Slam fires? How much do you want?

the gun is a MLII that I bought back in 05 but the only thing stock is the action, everything else is custom including the bolthandle. this is a 400 yd plus gun in capable hands. 100 yd groups are generally ragged holes with 200 grn sst .40 cal bullets and light blue harvester sabots over 60 grnd H-4198 @ 2650 fps. you can easily take it to over 3000 but can also shoot sized parker match hunters (275 or 300 grn) over 2800 fps with great accuracy.. the gun is very reliable although a little heavy. (you dont want to shoot a 300 grner @ 2800 from a light gun)

you can go over to the savage smokeless muzzleloading site and check things out for true long range muzzers. my user name is hillbill over there too and im pretty well known there..

as far as barrel life, you will never wear one of these barrels out because they dont wear the throat like a cf gun does

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts