Long Range Binoculars

bruno9

Hello guys,

Am new to the LRH concept and am in the process of getting my gear together. At this writing I am looking for the binocular part of my new gear. I have narrowed it down to the Vortex Kaibab's or the Steiner 15x80 commanders which I can buy for about the same price as the Kaibab's. I have a history with Steiner's and have always been happy with their quality and service, however, I don't have familiarity with the 15x80's, nor can I find any review's on them. Their seem to be allot of reviews on the 15x80 Senators (not to good), but they only have a 2 year warranty where as the 15x80 Commander's have a 30 year warranty and also have the range finding reticle and the compass that shows below the reticle, so obviously they are different from the Senators.

My question is, does anyone out there have any familiarity with these bino's and what is your opinion of them.

They usually sell for twice as much as the Kaibab's but I found a pair for a little less then the Kaibab's but can't find any user reviews.

Thanks,

Bruno

I have the Kaibabs and don't have any complaints other than they're really overkill for occasions when you don't need to glass very far. I actually sold my 10x binos and my spotting scope and replaced them with just the Kaibab. Since switching over, I can't think of one time that I've missed having my spotter.

The glass is the Kaibab is top notch and they for my face better than the Swaro.

I know that the Kaibab's are good and in my price range and that they are 15x60 (I believe). The Steiner's are 15x80 and usually sell for 2700.00, but I can get a pair for the same price as the Kaibab's, last pair left, close out type thing. Just cause their twice as expensive doesn't mean that their any better, just wondering if anyone had any experience with them???

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.