Long Range 375

Does anyone have any information on the Nosler 260 grain 375 bullet it's not a typo is it? I think it would make a great long range bullet since it has a BC of .7?? in such a lightweight for caliber bullet. I'm still working on my Custom 375 and think it's a perfect match. Thanks for any info.

Don't know where you are getting your bc numbers. Nosler claims a .473 G1 bc for the 260 grain Accubond.

RE: give a mouse a cookie thing + the wild hair thing

I have a 338 RUM. Great cartridge. Add wild hair. Need bigger...

Figgered a 338 Allen Mag would be the cat's meow. But then I'd want milk.

To quench all thirsts I went with a 375 Allen Mag.

The only down side is that all the fun stuff like developing loads, testing powder, bullets and primer and tuning for the best groups is gone.

When ya wanna shoot somethin' ya simply go shoot it. Rockchuck to something huge and mean from point blank to as far as you can range.

Allows one to have way more time for fun things like breaking donkeys to ride and pack for an extended time and distance wolf hunt.:)

I have been reading a lot about factory 375 ammo, in particular comparing the 375 WBY vs 378 WBY. Even with that fairly massive powder load difference, the smaller case keeps right up with the large one until it hits 300 + grain bullets. The hand loads seem to give similar results.

If you plot it up, it looks like the 375 size bullet hits a sort of velocity plateau unless you just get crazy amounts of energy behind it and really optimize the bullet characteristics. Definitely in a non-linear relationship there.

I know this is primarily for long range 375s, but I have recently stumbled upon the 375 Winchester which looks like it would be a great revolver cartridge, especially in lead free areas. I only found a few lever rifles and no revolvers in it, and of course ammo is another matter entirely.

RoyinIdaho - sounds like that 375 AM is pretty amazing.

I built a 375 Taylor years before the 375 Ruger was created. It was built specifically for hunting elk. I made the LOP 13 1/8" for a better fit when wearing winter clothes. Barrel is 21" long. Played with a variety of bullets. Off the top of my head I remember: 300 gr sierras @ 2500 fps , 260 accubonds at 2775 fps and most recently for fun and coyote destruction the Hornady 220 FP @ 2779 fps.

The 260 accubond load was a bit much for me at 2775 so I reduced it to a comfortable 2650. I shot this load at our 500 M ram silhouettes a few times but didn't pursue any long range stuff with the tiny 2-7 x 33 Leupold with heavy plex.

The brass is easy to form. Dies are available from Redding.

PM sent.

I too have a 375 taylor. Mine was built on a 98 action in the mid 90s. Ershaw bbl. Easy to fireform brass .insert 338 win pull trigger, outbpops 375 taylor. Tried375 h h. Needs lot of trim. Yes I do belive the 338 win will be here for a long time, if did it again I would go with the ruger, because itvis a factory round. It using s 98 action