Long Action vs. short Action

Well if it shoots that good and you are not concerned about shooting it as a repeater, I wouldnt sweat the long case on the short action. Just MHO. Welcome to this great sport!

PS, the 280 is a fine cartridge. Even though I like short cases to for guys to learn on, for a long case, it is one I would highly recomend to cut your teeth in on. It is accurate, forgiving and has plenty of energy for any of north american species. Watch the distance on elk and big bears. Other than that, it is a sweet performer.

I never heard of a 40X repeater in any of the long cartridges. All of the repeaters, I've seen, are chambered in the SA family of cases.

After a quick tour of the Remington website (Custom Shop Area) it looks as if Remington is offering the 40X in 7 RUM, 300 RUM, as well as 7STW. I'm sure the repeaters of this model are on the long action. You learn something new everyday.

i have a stainless sendero in each 300 win and 300wsm. i would lean to the 300 win. roninflag

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.