Loads to reduce muzzle blast

buckbrush

Hello,

Is there a way to load a 338 RUM to reduce the amount of muzzle blast with a brake? I occasionally jump-hunt timber and I would like to make load with 225 Accubonds that would be easier on the ears if I ever took a shot without hearing protection.

Will a faster burning powder help? I've been using H-1000 with 300 SMK's.

Thanks.

Hello,

Is there a way to load a 338 RUM to reduce the amount of muzzle blast with a brake? I occasionally jump-hunt timber and I would like to make load with 225 Accubonds that would be easier on the ears if I ever took a shot without hearing protection.

Will a faster burning powder help? I've been using H-1000 with 300 SMK's.

Thanks.

The best thing to do is have a barrel nut made and when hunting replace the brake. (You won't
notice the recoil when hunting). And it will cut down on the noise. or you can try one of the less
efficient breaks Like the Vias (It projects some of the gasses forward reducing the noise level
and has small vent holes) The Vias brake only reduces recoil about 30% but if you are going
to use 225s it should be about the same recoil as the 300 grain bullets with your existing break.

Be sure and check the Zero without the break just to make sure.

The 225s are great hunting bullets and will reduce recoil over the 300 grain bullets.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts