Loads for a .300 RUM

Jason D. R.

I am new to the web site and this is my first post. I have to say this is a great web site. I am getting started in long range shooting/hunting. I have done a lot of hunting with shots in the 300-400 yard range, but I would like to extend that range.

I have a Remington M700 BDL in .300 RUM. I was wondering if anyone has any good loads and what velocity and what kind of accuracy are you getting. I would like to use Accubonds in 180 or 200 grains, I have used Nosler ballistic tips in the past. There were some loads mentioned in older post (Tommy B), but not with velocities and how accurate they were.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yote, the 200gr Accubond loads I posted are in the 3100 fps range and shoot sub moa in my Sendero. You can MAX them out around 3200 fps with the 26' tube. Rutumbo and RL25 are your best bets. H870 kicks @ss also if you can find any. Workem up slow.

Tommy,

Thanks for the info. I will work the loads up slowly to try and get the desired velocity. Are they really hot at 3100 fps? I would like to stay around that velocity.

Has anyone taken an elk with Accubonds (180-220 grain bullet)? if so how well did they work? especally compared to the Partitions.

I have really good luck with retumbo and 180gr accubonds in my 300 RUM, My pet load is 100.1 grs retumbo 180gr accubond for 3260 FPS .500 MOA all day long !! and they kill big bull elk like lightning..proven !

'yote hunter,
I have a Remington 700 LSS in 300 RUM. I have been using Barnes TSX in 180 grains. I settled for a rather mild load with MV= 3200 f/s. One of the reasons is because my first 3 shots group looked like this:

xxxshock.jpg

Here is some more info about my load:

PRIMER: FEDERAL GOLD MEDAL MATCH GM 215 MAGNUM
CASE: REMINGTON
BULLET: BARNES TSX
WEIGHT: 180 GR.
POWDER: H RETUMBO
92.5 Grains of Powder give
3200 FPS at 12 ft from muzzle
Group Size: 0.169" center to center.
I pushed the bullet .064 from the lands for it
to fit in the magazine. JUST REMEMBER TO START LOW AND WORK
IT UP GRADUALLY.
---I was able to get up to 3480 f/s without sticky bolt and
the other high preassure signs but I know it was getting
scary, specially the kick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts