Loads for 26 nosler

Scott Rinker

Want to work up a load for my 26 nosler, with 130gr sciroccos reloader33 fed.primers nosler brass! Want to work up a load without sending to many rounds down the barrel! New Montana rifle with about 30 rounds of factory ammo fired so far!

Start around 74 gr. I'm using 127 Barnes and use 79 gr, 3450 fps. 81 grain was fine but 82 started showing pressure. U should be able to go a grain or two higher with the traditional bullet. Don't put a lot of merit into the barrel burner thing, mine is a spotter barrel, and I shoot it slow when developing. I have 70ish rounds down barrel and it still looks new. At 500 accurate shots, I can harvest 10 deer/pigs a year for the next 43 years. And I'm almost positive it will go well over 500 accurately.

I ran into pressure at 80gr rl33 with the 127 too, so those numbers should be right there.
US869 is the powder in the 140 and 142gr nosler factory loads. 88gr in the 140ab load. Its is a bit dirty, but gives good speed in the 26 as well.

Start around 74 gr. I'm using 127 Barnes and use 79 gr, 3450 fps. 81 grain was fine but 82 started showing pressure. U should be able to go a grain or two higher with the traditional bullet. Don't put a lot of merit into the barrel burner thing, mine is a spotter barrel, and I shoot it slow when developing. I have 70ish rounds down barrel and it still looks new. At 500 accurate shots, I can harvest 10 deer/pigs a year for the next 43 years. And I'm almost positive it will go well over 500 accurately.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.