loading for 338/378 weatherby

982 yards is the longest for me so far 5 to 8 " groups but I'm slowly cutting that down ....
Do your part and I know the gun will do it's part ,only gets more interesting from here on in :)gun)gun)gun)gun)gun)

..just saw the thread - another 338/378 owner here with a spanky new Arroyo. I've had some trouble with the 300 grain Bergers with VV N570 behind it - ran a full ladder and couldn't get better than 1.3" @ 100yds, so gotta tune the gun - do a hand bore lap, change out the trigger spring, and bed the receiver.

Next will try some 252 CE MTH and see how they work.

Jay

Hi Jay ,nice to meet you just wondering if you would share your load info on those 300 grain bergers with the vit 570 check your freebore might be able to load longer worked for me

Another 338-378 Accumark owner here, sadly to report I had my trigger worked on and skim bedded the action. But she still sitting in the original box. Maybe one of these days I'll get her out. :cool:

Scratch

I use rcbs fl with the buttons because I turn the necks. .365 neck and I turn them to .3625 standard mic. seater

Longrangebo ...1 question for you ...what does the neck turning accomplish for you ?

Good question, for a long time everyone at the 1000 yd. shoots did it and many still do. It is supposed to better the groups. I don't know if anyone ever tried both ways. It would be hard though because if you have a tight neck you must turn, and if you don't, it would do no good to turn ! The last gun I built is a 338-408 no turn! Shoots great!

105.4 grains of Vit570 gave me groups of .54 at 200 yards with the 300 grain berger elite hunter now to stretch it out will try 500 and 800 yards this weekend !! should be fun gun)

has anyone tried reloading any eld-x into this caliber yet? looking to switch from my bergers just for the extra expansion at longer ranges

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.